Part 15

The next week is hard. The funeral takes place in Sunderland, you and Leah go together. Lucy speaks about your mum, lucy posts a statement about your mum. Just like the one with your dad. You read the messages of support and love. The arsenal girls have been looking after you a lot, Leah mostly.
You start to feel a little better after the funeral, knowing you can still make her proud with anything that you do.
Another week goes by. It's results day for your ankle. Today you find out if you can play again.

You are sat in the doctors office, after your scans and tests. You are nervous, your leg bouncing up and down out of anticipation. He comes in, Leah grabs your hand.
Doctor: "y/n, I'm sure you are nervous so I'll get straight to the point. After speaking with other doctors, your surgeon and the Arsenal Medics we all can confidently say that you will be able to play again."
You look at him, then look at Leah who is smiling so much. You start to smile, for the first time in a couple of weeks. You are smiling at the fact you can play again.
Y/n: "are you 100% sure?"
Doctor: "100%"
Y/n: "thank you, thank you so much"
You hug him, he hugs you back.
Leah stands up and shakes his hand, you both leave.
The girls don't know that you might have been able to play again, no one knew, expect the Arsenal Staff and Leah.
You head straight to arsenal, you confirm it with the medics then head to dinner, organised by a Steph and Lia, all of the girls are there.
You go in and see everyone. This is the first time everyone has seen you since your mum died. They all smile and hug you.
Beth: "better late than never"
Leah: "yeah sorry, we had to make a couple of stops along the way"
You sit down next to Leah, she puts her hand on your thigh and smiles at you.
You whisper to her.
Y/n: "I love you"
Leah looks at you and whispers back saying she loves you.
The girls all start chatting away, laughing and telling stories.
After you have all eaten you decide to tell them about your ankle.
Y/n: "girls I need to tell you all something."
Beth: "you're pregnant!"
Y/n: "no Beth I'm not"
Beth: "engaged??"
Y/n: "no beth"
You start laughing a little bit.
Y/n: "it's about my ankle"
Everyone listens intently, knowing this is very important to you.
Y/n: "I went to the doctors last week, just for a routine scan, it was good news, I didn't need my crutches anymore. I went back today, and they gave me even better news"
Jen: "the suspense is killing me y/n"
Y/n: "I'll be back training with you all in 3 weeks"
Beth: "what? I thought you couldn't play again"
Y/n: "so did I, so did the doctors, but I can, the medics confirmed it today. I can play again"
All the girls hug you and cheer.
Leah hugs you the most, knowing that you have her by your side is the best feeling.
You all have a couple more drinks then all go home.
Steph: "im proud of you y/n, everything you have gone through, with your parents and your ankle. I'm proud of you"
You hug her tightly.
Y/n: "thanks for being there for me, I appreciate everything you have done for me"
You hug her again and she leaves.
Leah: "come on baby, let's go home"
You both go home, Leah sits on the sofa, you are on the phone to lucy telling her everything. She says she's proud of you and she loves you.
You finish the phone call and go into the living room. You straddle Leah, facing her. You put your hands on her cheeks and kiss her.
Leah: "what was that for?"
Y/n: "shhh"
You kiss her, more passionately this time. Things escalate pretty quickly.
———————-
Leah: "I love you, so much"
Y/n: "I love you baby"
Leah: "date night on Friday?"
Y/n: "I'd love that"
Leah kisses you again. You get up and put your shoes on.
Y/n: "im just going to the shops babe, won't be long"
Leah: "okay, love you"
Y/n: "love you too"
You leave the house and go to the shops.
Leah rings lucy.
Leah: "lucy, how are you?"
Lucy: "doing good, what's up?"
Leah: "I need to ask you a question, I asked your mum it a while ago but I wanted to run it past you since she's erm no longer here"
Lucy: "okay, shoot"
Leah: "can I marry your sister?"
Lucy: "Leah! Of course you can!"
Leah: "really?"
Lucy: "there is no one better for her, of course you can. She loves you so much, my parents loved you so much, of course you can!"
Leah: "thanks lucy, I appreciate it"
Lucy: "of course! Just don't hurt her or I'll have to kill you"
Leah: "I would never hurt her"
Lucy: "I know"
The call ends and Leah goes into the spare room. She opens a box which is in the wardrobe. She takes something out of it and opens it. The ring, the ring she has had since she asked your mum and dad.
The ring:

Leah looks at it and smiles

Leah looks at it and smiles. She puts it back moments later when she hears you coming through the door.

Leah: "babe, I've booked Heddon Street Kitchen for Friday"
Y/n: "why so fancy?"
Leah: "cause I want you to feel special"
Y/n: "I feel special everyday I'm with you babe, I don't need a fancy dinner for that"
Leah: "I don't care, we are going"
Y/n: "okay, now I need to find something to wear"
Leah: "can go shopping if you want?"
Y/n: "why are you treating me so nicely at the moment?"
Leah: "because you deserve it"
Leah kisses you and helps you put the shopping away.

Skip to Friday. You are getting ready to go out. Leah is wearing a green suit, you are wearing a black dress. You are putting your shoes on when Leah walks into the room.
Leah: "woah"
Y/n: "what?"
Leah: "you look incredible"
Y/n: "babe, you look beautiful"
Leah: "I love you"
Y/n: "I love you"
You head to the restaurant.
You and Leah are laughing and talking about life and funny moments of your life together. Leah pays and you leave the restaurant.
Leah: "one more stop babe"
Y/n: "my feet are killing meeee"
Leah: "I know, but it's worth it come on."
Leah walks you to a little cinema right near the restaurant.
Y/n: "babe, what movie are we seeing?"
Leah: "you'll see"
Leah grabs your hand and takes you into the cinema, she walks up to the desk, asks for two tickets, the worker gives her the tickets with a sneaky smile and you head into the theatre.
It's completely empty. You both take a seat right at the back and wait for the movie to start.
The title is:
"Leah and y/n, the movie"
You look at Leah.
Y/n: "babe what is this?"
Leah: "shhh it's about to start"
You look at the screen with tears in your eyes.
The movie consists of funny and cute moments of you and Leah, everything you have gone through in the past year, all the date night photos and videos of you both being silly. At the end, there's videos of your teammates all saying what a perfect couple you are. Then your parents come on screen. You tear up more. They start talking.
Your dad: "Leah and y/n, wow, my little girl, playing for arsenal, and meeting the girl that is so so perfect for her, you both make eachother so happy, I've never slept so sound at night about y/n, but knowing she has leah by her side makes it so much better"
You start crying, with a smile knowing that they are watching this together right now.
After all the videos and photos the movie ends. You turn to leah, who is down on one knee.
Leah: "marry me baby"
Y/n: "what?"
Leah: "marry me, I've never been so happy, and I love you so so so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so please, marry me"
You jump up, you lean down and kiss her.
Y/n: "of course I'll marry you"
Leah stands up and hugs you tightly.
She puts the ring on your finger and kisses you passionately.
Leah: "I love you, so much"
Y/n: "I love you baby"
You haven't stopped smiling. You keep looking at the ring on your finger.
Y/n: "who did you tell about this?"
Leah: "everyone we know, but I just didn't tell them when I was doing it"
Y/n: "you are so cute"
Leah: "I love you"
Y/n: "I love you"
You leave the cinema after watching the movie again. You have never felt happiness like it.
You get in a taxi to go home.
The minute you get home Leah pushes you against the wall and kisses you passionately. You kiss her back. She moves to your neck and you let out a quiet moan. You push her away from you and lead her to the bedroom. You slip your dress off to reveal your underwear. Leah looks at you up and down and pushes you on the bed, she takes off her suit and climbs on top of you.
Things escalate pretty quickly.
———————-
You are both laid in bed under the covers, tangled up in each other.
Y/n: "I love you"
Leah: "I love you, fiancée"
You kiss Leah. She kisses you back. You look down at your ring, you don't want the day to end but your eyes start getting heavy and you fall asleep.