Part 19

Training is about to start. None of the girls know you are now part of the staff.
You haven't gone out to the pitches yet.
Jonas: "girls, we have a new member of staff, okay? She's our new technical advisor. Her office is a few doors down from me so if you ever need her then just knock on her door."
Leah: "who is she?"
Jonas: "it's y/n"
Leah: "really?"
Beth: "really?!"
You walk out with a couple of other staff.
Y/n: "morning girls"
All the girls run and hug you apart from Leah.
Y/n: "yeah yeah come on, get to work"
Katie: "yes boss"
The girls all laugh and get to work. You are working alongside Jonas all day, he's telling you what he needs you to do.
You have a really great session, building up set plays and formations for each outcome.
The training session ends, you are walking back into the building when Leah stops you.
Leah: "hi"
Y/n: "hey Leah"
Leah: "how are you?"
Y/n: "im really good, how are you?"
Leah: "im okay"
Y/n: "that's good Le, I need to go analyse this before the staff meeting, I'll see you later"
You walk off.
Leah smiles at you calling her Le again, she watches you walk off into your office.
Steph: "she still loves you ya know"
Leah:  "she does?"
Steph: "yeah, we spoke about it the other day"
Leah: "im getting her back Steph, it's going to happen"
Steph: "hurt her again and I swear Leah"
Leah: "I won't"
Steph: "you said that last time"
Steph walks off into the changing rooms.

You go to the staff meeting whilst the girls are all in recovery. You have a very productive meeting and everyone likes your approach to the game against Aston Villa. You go back to your office and log off for the day. Steph knocks on your door.
Steph: "ready?"
Y/n: "yeah let's go"
You and Steph go home, Calvin greets you both with kisses and cuddles.

A few days later it's game day against Aston Villa. You get off the bus with the coaches, you feel weird after being a player to now being a coach. The fans are still screaming your name you sign a couple of things then head inside. You go out to the pitch and put your bag in your seat on the benches. You go onto the pitch when someone taps you on your shoulder.
Rach: "hey"
Y/n: "hey Rach"
You hug her tightly.
Rach: "I'm sorry about your mum and dad, and your ankle, it really sucks"
Y/n: "I know, but I'm okay"
Rach: "good im glad"
Y/n: "how are you?"
Rach: "I'm good"
Y/n: "you sure?"
Rach: "well I still miss us"
Y/n: "Rach, I can't"
Rach: "why, you aren't with Leah anymore"
Y/n: "I know but I need time by myself"
Rach: "can we at least be friends?"
Y/n: "I can't see why not, coffee tomorrow?"
Rach: "I'd love that"
Y/n: "cool, I'll send you the details"
You and Rachel hug again. Leah sees you smiling with Rachel which makes her jealous.
Rachel walks off and you head to the changing rooms to set up the tactical meeting.

You talk to the girls about what they are all required to do. They all understand and head out for kick off.

Arsenal win 3-0. The girls all followed every piece of information you gave them, allowing them to run into spaces and break down their opponent. You are happy after the first successful game of you part of the staff.
Jonas: "well done y/n, a great game"
Y/n: "yeah it was"
Rach runs over to you.
Rach: "I've got time now? Coffee?"
Y/n: "erm yeah okay"
You and Rachel head to a coffee shop nearby the stadium and sit down. You are chatting and laughing about life over the past year. It really feels like it used to with Rachel.

With the team.
Leah: "where's y/n?"
Steph: "she went for a coffee"
Leah: "alone?"
Steph: "nah I saw her walking off with Rachel"
Leah: "right"
Leah slumps in her seat and puts her headphones in.

After an hour you decide it's time for you to head back home. You both are stood outside of the coffee shop.
Y/n: "this has been great Rach, really nice to catch up properly"
Rach: "yeah it has, I missed us"
Y/n: "me too"
Rach: "look I get you are still trying to figure out who you are without playing football, but I'd like us to get back to how we were"
Y/n: "me too Rach"
Rach: "really?"
Y/n: "yeah"
Rachel hugs you. You decide to kiss her. You lean in and kiss her softly. Rachel hums and kisses you back.
Y/n: "I'll text you later"
Rach: "okay"
You hug again and walk off in different directions. You get back to the house and Calvin greets you.
Y/n: "hey calvy"
Steph: "sooooooo"
Y/n: "I kissed her"
Steph: "are you sure that's what you want?"
Y/n: "for the first time in a long time I haven't thought about Leah"
Steph: "that's good, but you said you still loved her"
Y/n: "I will always love her, but I've got to move on, she cheated on me Steph, I can't go through that again"
Steph: "okay, I get it"
You sit down next to Steph and Calvin jumps up next to you.
You get a text.

Leah: Can we talk?
Y/n: Work? Or life?
Leah: life
Y/n: okay, I'll come over
Leah: okay

You get up off the sofa and tell Steph.
Steph: "okay, just tell her the truth yeah?"
Y/n: "I will"

You leave the house and head to your old flat. You knock on the door even though you still have keys.
Leah opens the door.
Leah: "hi"
Y/n: "hi"
Leah: "you didn't have to knock"
Y/n: "felt like I should"
You both sit on the sofa.
Y/n: "so erm what's up?"
Leah: "I just wanted to talk"
Y/n: "about?"
Leah: "us"
Y/n: "okay"
Leah: "I miss you, I miss us. I still love you and I know I did a really shit horrible thing when you needed me the most, that's on me, it was a mistake, a stupid lack of judgment. I love you, I will always love you. I want you back so much"
Y/n: "le"
Leah: "we were supposed to be getting married, devoting our lives to each other and I fucked it all up. But I still want that with you, I lost my head, I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I still want you. I want you back. I'll do anything and everything"
Y/n: "you did what you did Leah, when I needed you most. I know I wasn't the best girlfriend at the time, I know I didn't support you as much as you did with me. But it hurt, it doesn't anymore but it did, for a while"
Leah: "please just tell me what I can do"
Y/n: "prove to me, prove to me that you mean everything you have just said"
Leah: "I will, I promise you I will"
Y/n: "okay, I need to tell you this now"
Leah: "okay"
Y/n: "I kissed Rachel earlier"
Leah: "I know"
Y/n: "how?"
Leah: "I just knew you would, which is why I had to tell you this now before that goes any further"
Y/n: "okay"
Leah: "so what does this mean"
Y/n: "I have to be able to trust you le, I need to be able to trust you before anything else happens"
Leah: "you can trust me"
Y/n: "saying that I can trust you doesn't make me trust you though"
Leah: "I know, but I promise you nothing like this will happen again"
Y/n: "okay, I need you to prove it to me okay?"
Leah: "okay, I will"
You and Leah talk for a while, it feels nice to have her back in your life.
Y/n: "I better go, Steph is probably wondering what's going on"
Leah: "okay, I'll see you tomorrow?"
Y/n: "you will"
You hug her. You get butterflies like you used to with her. You missed her so much, with everything that's gone on, you still love her massively.
Leah walks you to the door. She places a gentle kiss on your cheek. You leave.

A few days later you and Leah have been texting a lot, rebuilding what you once had. You go into work early for a staff meeting before the training session.

Jonas: "morning team, one last game before the Christmas break. Y/n?"
Y/n: "morning guys, just a quick one, I want to go through a new drill with the girls today, it's a simple one but it will enable them to get into positions where they can see the spaces before they are opening up"
Jonas: "sounds good y/n"
The meeting then gets to injuries Leah's name comes up.
Y/n: "Leah? What's she done?"
Medic: "her ankle, she's sprained it, nothing serious but she's out until after Christmas"
Y/n: "okay"
The meeting ends and you instantly go find Leah.
You find her in the medical room waiting for physio therapy.
Y/n: "you didn't tell me!"
Leah: "babe wait, I didn't want to worry you, it's nothing"
Y/n: "you've got to tell me these things, I don't want to hear about them from the medics okay?"
Leah: "yeah okay, I'm sorry"
Y/n: "you gonna be okay on your own? Need to go set up this drill"
Leah: "I'll be fine babe"
You kiss her cheek and leave the room. You have butterflies in your stomach from Leah calling you babe again.
You go to your office and look at the drill, you go outside and set it up. The girls all come out and look at what you are doing.
Beth: "what's this?"
Y/n: "a new drill, warm up and you'll find out"
Katie: "you're bossy"
Y/n: "im technically the boss of you so yeahhh"
Katie: "feisty too, no wonder Leah likes you"
Y/n: "no wonder"

Everyone takes part in your drill. It goes really well and the rest of the coaching staff are impressed. It's the end of the day, you are on your way out of the building when Leah shouts you.
Leah: "leaving without saying bye?"
Y/n: "no sorry, I just need my bed I'm knackered"
Leah: "I was going to ask if you wanted to get dinner but it's okay"
Y/n: "after the game this weekend? I have quite a few things I need to sort out"
Leah: "sounds good"
You kiss Leah's cheek and head home.