All because of SUZY (part one)

BECKY'S POV

I spent the night away from home, helping some friends in organising the engagement party.

After a very hectic night of planning, I returned home late that morning and Freeny wasn't at home.

"Maybe she went to get something or maybe she just went on a stroll." I thought to myself.

I wasn't too bothered about her absence from home. I just continued doing other things and afterwards, I took a nap.

I woke up around 2 p.m. in the afternoon and Freeny wasn't back home yet.

"What is she doing that is taking her so long to return home?" I thought to myself.

I called her phone and there was no response. I called again and again and again but still there was no response.

I became a bit worried. Freeny is always with her phone. If she missed my call the first time, she would definitely pick up the second time.

But I've been calling her for over 30 minutes now and she still haven't picked up my call.

"Was she in trouble? did something happen to her? where did she go?" I thought to myself.

When Mrs Anong returned home, I asked her of Freeny's whereabouts but even Mrs Anong didn't know where Freeny went.

"Maybe she has a surprise waiting for you at the party. She must be preparing something really nice for you and it's taking a lot of time to get ready." Mrs Anong said.

Maybe that's the case. Mrs Anong must be right. Freeny probably is preparing a surprise for me.

****************************"

Later that evening I got dressed and went for the party without knowing where Freeny was and so did Mrs Anong.

We got to the party and everyone was present looking so dashing.

There was a huge picture of Freeny and I at the entrance to the hall. There was another huge picture of us on the stage of the arena and every singles corner had a picture of Freeny and I.

There were reporters also ready to take pictures and a story for their pages, blogs, magazine and other social media platform.

It is the party of the year and Freeny and I are the hostesses.

I was really excited when I got to the venue of the party and saw everything that has been done.

But my happiness was short-lived. Over an hour after the party started, Freeny hasn't arrived yet.

"Where is your woman Becky?" People kept on asking but Freeny was nowhere to be found.

The reporters and some invitees started mumbling.

"What is Freeny doing. Is she trying to prank me? Is it her plan to make me worry and then just pop up? Is that what she's trying to do?" I thought to myself.

But it was getting late and Freeny still wasn't anywhere to be found. I kept on calling and calling and not just me but everyone at the party but she still wasn't responding.

Suddenly, I got a call from her. "Hello darling dearest" Freeny said.

I was happy to hear her voice. Then I got angry. She was alright but didn't bother taking my calls.

"Becky I'm really sorry for not picking up. I wasn't with my phone. I was really busy and I lost track of time.

what is going on and why am I seeing so many missed calls on my phone?" Freeny continued