What else could a girl ever ask for?

BECKY'S POV

I told Freeny about everything my family said but even Freeny didn't know if they were being sincere or not.

They've done alot to hurt me and prevent my relationship with Freeny so we didn't know if they've really changed or not.

While Freeny and I were weighing our options, Mrs Anong and Suzy were jubilating.

They were happy that my family finally came around.

Mrs Anong invited my family over for dinner and they were really happy to attend.

Freeny and I were still not entire sure of the plan but seeing both of our families together like that, made me really happy.

Even if the unity and acceptance seemed fake, I really wanted to just live for the moment.

They stayed in Chidlom for a very long time still trying to gain my trust but it was hard for me to trust them again.

Two weeks later, Freeny started acting strange and distant. She never stayed at home and she was being very secretive.

She grew closer to my family and always went out my brother.

Have they finally gotten to her? What kind of spell did they use to turn her to themselves?

I told her to stay away from them but you refused claiming that they were good people now and that they've changed.

I tried my best to keep my lover away from them but she refuse and so I told them to stay away from her.

They seem sad that I still don't trust them but what did they expect? I can never just trust them ever again.

Freeny's absent-mindedness was becoming too much and her absence from home was becoming unbearable.

Sometimes, she leaves with Suzy and other times, she left alone.

When I ask Suzy where Freeny took her and who else was there with them;

"We went shopping and she bought me a lot of beautiful things." Suzy always said.

But they never returned home with much from their outings.

She even took Mrs Anong out and returns home late. I was getting fed up with all the secrets.

I felt like an outsider been kept in the dark. We were engaged but I have never felt this emotionally distant from Freeny before.

I couldn't take it anymore. Freeny was about going out but I won't let her.

"Why are you being so secretive. You've changed and not in a good way.

Freeny, we're about to get married but the secrets are becoming too much for me to bear.

Please Freeny, be sincere. What is going on?

Are you growing cold feet because of the marriage?

Freeny, don't you want to marry me anymore?" I said being scared of her response and feeling her drifting away.

"Of course I want to marry you darling. There's nothing I want more in this world than to be your wife.

Becky, I'm really sorry for making you feel this way but I promise you that I have no intention of hurting you." Freeny assured me.

I wasn't that convinced but I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer and she just became worse.

My goodnight kisses now came in texts. Lately she spends both the day and nights away from me.