Chapter 47-Ryan

🚨IMPORTANT QUESTION AT THE END FOR MY LOVELY READERS!🚨

----------------------------------------------------------

"Would you stop it!" Garrett smacks my hand away from pulling at the shirt around my neck. He wasn't kidding when he said I couldn't look like a grease monkey going into this meeting. I thought I could get away with nice slacks and some type of appropriate shirt. But Garrett had other plans. Which meant me in a suit.

God I hate this shit.

If I have to dress like this every business meeting, I'm seriously reconsidering my position on wanting to be the boss of something.

"I don't know how you guys do this." I groaned

I could feel Garrett's eye roll, "It's not that bad."

"Say you." I glared in his direction.

I wasn't used to this. I liked getting my hands dirty, being under the hood of a car, listening to the engine and feeling that sense of accomplishment when I fixed a car. The physical hard work was my bread and butter not numbers and statistics. Don't get me wrong I was good at those things too, otherwise I wouldn't be doing this, but it was out of my comfort zone.

I just had to keep telling myself, if I wanted to advance in my Auto career, this was the next step.

Garrett gave an encouraging nudge, "Come on, man. It's gonna be fine. You are gonna go in there and show what you've done so far with the shop. Just let the numbers speak for themselves."

He wasn't wrong when it came to letting the numbers speak for themselves. The booklet I was holding was tallied information on the financial headway that had been made while the shop was under my supervision. The owner Mateo Moralez (Garrett's Uncle) already had amazing numbers as one of the biggest franchises in the country. Though he wanted to see what I would do with the individual shop's numbers acting as a separate entity of the overall franchise. It was either sink or swim when the opportunity landed in my lap.

Having Garrett be the one that suggested me and then showing his uncle the results of my hard work early on, was one of the things that really opened the door for me. Mateo was generous enough to give someone that wasn't family the opportunity to operate one of his shops. Being able to open my own garage was always a dream I had, though the last thing I thought would be that I could be a major part of Precision Fixes & Tires.

I nodded my head rethinking the words Garrett said to me, trying to pump myself up.

The numbers will speak for themselves.

The woman at the receptionist desk answered her phone when it rang.

"Hello?...Yes, I'll send them in right away."

It must have been the board telling her to send us in, there was no one else waiting in this specific area.

"They will see you now, you may go in."

Garrett and I stood. I fixed my suit jacket making it more comfortable before closing it. Garrett patted my back and gained my attention as he gave me a reassuring smile.

When the two of us stepped into the board room, it felt smaller than remembered. I knew that was the nerves talking, it was a typical conference room that they conduct their meetings in. There was a big oval table in the middle of the room; a projector in the ceiling pointing at one side and Mateo sitting at the head of the table on the other side.

Mateo was in a small conversation with one of the board members. When he saw me, he gave a small nod and went back to it. I stood next to the projector screen as Garrett went to the computer and loaded the slide presentation. The overtime I put in these past few weeks was definitely worth it. I made a slideshow as well as physical copies for the board members to follow along on their own and to take with them if they needed to review the information again on their own.

Once he was done with his conversation, Mateo swiveled his chair to face me. "Mr. Mendoza, whenever you're ready."

~~~~~~

During the presentation, no one batted an eye. There were obviously questions but nothing too tough that I wasn't prepared for. Garrett was right, the numbers did speak for themselves. Though, Mateo had warned me that there would be board members that didn't agree with his candidate for the successor position. They didn't like that it wasn't someone within the family or someone who didn't have a corporate background. With my presentation today, I think I was able to put some of their concerns at ease.

At the end of the presentation, one of the board members, Jeff, was the first to speak, "Well everything seems to look in order to us. We just need the transferring documents put into place and we are all good to go."

It took everything in me to not smile like an idiot. I felt a surge of pride flow through me. I actually fucking did it.

The board members hummed in agreement making their way out of the room and shaking my hand out the door in the process. When the last board member crossed the threshold, I turned to Garrett who had been monitoring and working the presentation in the corner. My eyes widened and he had a slight grin while giving a small nod. I knew that meant he was as excited as I was but we couldn't show it while we were still in this building. Most of this board is in their 60's, the last thing I need is for them to find a reason to say I was too young and immature.

"I hope you realize," Mateo's voice was close behind me, causing me to turn around, "the decision was already made. I just wanted to know how you conducted yourself in front of the big guns."

He stunned me into silence though I let out a breath of relief and chuckled to let him know there were no hard feelings. "I thought you said people didn't agree with your pick for a candidate?"

"They didn't, though after the presentation it seemed to lower the amount of skepticism they have towards you. Either way, I had final say." Mateo held out his hand, giving me a slight nod showing he was impressed.

A grin grew on my face as I took his hand giving him an appreciative nod, "Thank you for this opportunity Mr. Moralez."

"Anthony, how many times do I have to tell you? Especially now that you are going to be slowly moving your way into my seat. Call me Mateo."

A small chuckle of disbelief that was in this position left me as I nodded, "Of course, sir—Mateo... thank you."

The amount of relief and pride I had soaring through me there was only one person I wanted to talk to.

_________________________________________________

🚨A/N : QUESTION HERE:
18+ Sexual Scenes or 'SMUT' what are your opinions on it? I have never written it, I was teetering that line when Martha was 'trying' to masturbate. Though when a moment/opportunity comes I was curious because to be honest I'm nervous about putting it up.

Thank you to everyone who started gaining more interest in this story! It really means a lot!💓

Don't Forget to Vote and Comment!🤍

One of my favorite Mechanics below:😍