Chapter 43-Martha

Memorial Weekend Update!

------------------------------------------------

"Done!" I said proudly after organizing the living room pillows for the fourth time. I've been cleaning ever since I got off the phone. I wasn't trying to impress Jonathan, I just needed him to know that I was able to conduct a proper household without him around. Paige was the one that needed him, not me.

Are you sure?

Shut up!

The thought of fluffing the pillows on the couch for the fifth time crossed my mind as I heard Paige running down the staircase. "Sweetie, what did I tell you about running on the stairs?" I said firmly, making sure my point was getting across.

"Sorry mama," she said innocently; swaying back and forth, "Daddy's coming, right?"

I sighed, "Yes baby he is."

"What we eating?"

Um...shit I knew I was forgetting something

"Umm...why don't you pick?" narrowing my eyes with a smirk as hers widened. I knew she would love that idea. The smile on her face was evident that she knew exactly what she wanted.

"Can we have me and daddy's favorite?" Damn it

I was hoping she wouldn't pick that

Slapping a smile on my face, "Of course we can. We have to go shopping though."

~~~~~~

The time on my dashboard: 4:30. We exited the car and entered the supermarket. I needed enough time to cook and look semi decent and not like I was fighting a hangover. I wanted to slap myself for not managing time properly.

Breathe damn it

Paige let go of my hand once we got into the supermarket, and grabbed a basket. We didn't need a whole cart, it takes very little to make my famous spaghetti and meat sauce.

"Okay now what are we in here for?" I turned to Paige making sure she understood the rules.

"Dinner."

"And what are we not doing?" Staring her down.

"R-running off or buying things that are not dinner re- re-" she was struggling with the last word.

"Related." I helped

"Related!" She said with a smile as she got the word.

In agreement we made our way up and down the aisles. We were able to get the sauce, pasta, meat, and cheese. Thankfully the pantry had all the seasonings I needed and I was stocked on vegetables. At some point the basket became too much for Paige so I took it. She wanted to tough it out which was very cute but we were moving very slowly. Walking to self-check out Paige tugged on my shirt.

"Mama? What about garlic bread?"

I knew I was forgetting something

Stopping in my tracks we quickly made our way to the frozen section. Walking down the aisle towards where the garlic bread was, a very familiar back was coming into view.

"Ryan?" he turned around with a frozen dinner in hand.

The breathtaking smile that came over his face when he saw us caused a foreign yet familiar feeling to happen within my stomach. "Martha. Paige." Ryan had on a tight short sleeve light gray shirt, that accentuated his muscles and torso. The shirt was also covered in grease. Taking a closer look I was able to see the grease marks on his hands, arms and neck too. He obviously just came from the shop and unfortunately that familiar ache in between my legs that occurred the night my towel dropped was suddenly coming.