Chapter 51-Ryan

I couldn't help but chuckle at Martha scurrying away. The tint of pink that keeps flushing her cheeks reminds me of when we were kids. It's become more frequent the more we spend time together. Though I can't go around making assumptions, this all very well could be her just seeing me in a new light and a harmless crush till she gets over it.

But I don't want her to get over it.

Pushing the thought aside I head to the laundry room. Just like Martha said my clothes were currently being washed. It had only been about 20 mins since she put them in so I still had quite a bit of time before being able to put them into the dryer. The set of extra clothes she gave me were clenched in my hand as I held onto them. By the feel of the fabric and a little further investigation I was able to tell that these were some extra scrubs she had in her closet. The shirt looked a bit smaller than what I was used to, so I decided to start with the pants instead. I checked around quickly before allowing my towel to drop in the laundry room and proceeded to get dressed. When I went to put on the shirt I heard the fabric rip. Pulling it back off I saw where the seam was about to burst. I shrugged as I looked at the torn fabric.

Well at least I tried.

It's not my fault, a simple wardrobe malfunction.

The growl taking over my stomach made me realize how hungry I really was. I took out my phone and got the one thing that I knew Martha couldn't say no to. Making sure to get all of Martha's favorites; the guy said the food should be here in a half hour. I then took that opportunity to grab a bottle of wine and set up the living room.

It was coming up on the time when the food should be getting here and Martha still hadn't come down yet.

Did I push it too far earlier? By admitting that I checked her out and saying she could do the same.

God damn it I feel like an idiot.

Just as I was on the verge of beating myself up, a set of footsteps coming down the stairs caught my attention. Martha's hair was slightly wet dripping onto her night shirt and shorts. The shirt was baggy and long so it would sometimes cover the shorts she was wearing. Almost making it seem like she wasn't wearing anything underneath there. 

"What's all this?!" She asked looking around the living room taking in the scene before her.

"Oh, uh I figured I would set up the living room for dinner." The living room wasn't only pristine in being clean, I also dimmed the lights and had two glasses of wine ready to go.

Martha was obviously surprised but also seemed a bit nervous by the blush that was creeping up her neck and on her cheeks.

It occurred to me that this looked like a date, though I'm not going to say anything.

"So...what's for dinner?"

As I was going to answer, the doorbell rang, "Excuse me." I did a light jog to the door. When I opened the door I saw the delivery guy gathering the bag. I tossed him some money telling him to keep the change. Turning around I saw Martha still standing where I left her except her eyes weren't here they were on my torso.

"Mar?"

She licked her lips quickly before snapping her attention to what I was saying, "Y-yes?" Her cheeks were getting worse, and an annoyed look came over her as she saw me smirking at her. "Um, is there a reason you aren't wearing the shirt I gave you?"

"Hey I tried but it started to rip, it was too small. So unless you have something else for me to wear?" I said as I swayed the bag back and forth in her eye line as I made my way to her. The way her eyes sparkled when she saw it told me she couldn't resist.