Chapter 38-Martha

Apologies I missed last week! 😭 But here it is and in a few hours I will be posting the another chapter to make up for it! So here you go enjoy.....☺️
__________________

The hot water hit my skin and the longer I stayed under the less tense my muscles were becoming. I probably stayed in the shower longer than needed but I was exhausted. Thankfully this week went by and Paige was back in school fully refreshed. Since the weekend came back around again she was with Jonathan and I had the house to myself. I was still annoyed with him for when Paige was sick. I tried to understand but with all the lies, every time there's a part of me that wants to believe him. There's another part that wonders if I can trust anything that comes out of his mouth.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my towel snug around my body with my hair dripping down my back. I wiped the mirror with my hand clearing up the fog to see my reflection. There was no makeup, no product in my hair, just me. I wondered if I went out just like this, how beautiful the world would see me then. Every time Lori and I went out I had some type of makeup or accessory on.

So many things were racing through my mind but I knew I had to take everything one step at a time. I huffed out a breath and walked into my bedroom. My phone lit up showing two notifications from Instagram. I clicked on it as I mindlessly made my way down the stairs.

Two pictures popped up; one was a direct message from Lori sending me a picture of her on a date and what restaurant they were at, while the other was of Paige. Jonathan and I agreed to not put up Paige's face so what I saw was taken from above. It was a photo taken earlier in the day, Paige was sitting in Jonathan's living room painting and other arts and crafts. I really appreciated the effort he put in to make her feel at home at his apartment. When I exited the app the time shined: 9pm. I was alone in my house at 9pm on a Friday.

Maybe I am becoming my abuela

I winded up in my kitchen pouring myself a glass of wine.

Oh I needed this

Rolling my neck out, I made my way to the living room, wine in hand. Sitting down I huffed as I put my feet up on the coffee table.

I don't need to go out to enjoy myself

It's something I've told myself countless times whenever I rather stay home than go hang out. Something that would let me know that I wasn't becoming boring at the age of twenty six.

My mind wandered to the toys Lori brought over last week. I hadn't looked at them since, it was too much. Just the thought of laying down on my back, opening my legs and putting my hand down there with a foreign device was daunting. Though I couldn't lie, they definitely intrigued me. I turned my head lazily to the side as my eyes locked on the black duffle under the side table tucked away. You wouldn't even know if was there if you weren't looking for it.

Not taking my eyes off it as I took a gulp of my wine. I placed the glass on the coffee table and grabbed the duffle. Sliding the zipper open I took in what was in front of me.

Am I really going to do this?

I'm not a nun. I have masturbated before. It's just been hard since Jonathan. When I thought about it so many insecurities would fly into my head. Shutting them out I dug my hand in and grabbed the first thing I felt.

It was a small black vibrator. It had a soft top and a metal ring around the base. This was where you screwed off the cap to replace the batteries. I pressed down on the soft top till I heard a click and immediately the sensation was coursing through my hand. It was pretty strong considering how small it was. I laid back on the couch trying to get comfortable, opening my legs and lifting my towel just enough to gain access. I slowly brought the vibrator down and placed it on my lips. I gasped as it made me jump, still trying to get used to the powerful vibrations.