Chapter 33-Martha

When we got to the V.I.P section earlier, I thought Ryan was having a fucking stroke. That was until I noticed his eyes shamelessly raking up and down my body. He was so lost that I don't think he realized that he was doing it. I felt completely exposed under his gaze. Ever since Lori put the idea of Ryan actually having feelings for me, I've been avoiding being alone with him. I didn't want to read into every little thing that he did around me but how could I not when he looks at me like that.

Though, as payback for her forcing me to go out, I made sure to invite Mason. Only to find out Ryan already did. Seemed like he had the same idea I did. We both knew damn well Lori wouldn't be able to function properly with him here. I know that's why she immediately made us go to the dance floor.

We both drowned ourselves into the music as Hips Don't Lie by Shakira fills the air. Moving our hips and waist, as I tossed my hair around. The strobe lights made everything that wasn't important just background noise. Soon enough, my eyes fell on the bar and the two men that were standing by it with one of them drinking a beer. They were talking but their eyes weren't on each other, they were on us. I could clearly see Mason trying to subtly look over at Lori from time to time but the other guy wasn't being subtle at all. It's like Ryan wanted me to know that he was looking. With my gaze locked on his as Lori spoke in my ear, "Follow my lead." With that she grabbed onto my hips and pulled me closer. We grinded on one another as her hands explored the side of my body. I pressed my back against her and brought my arms up to wrap around her neck. "Keep looking at him." She didn't need to tell me twice, my eyes never left Ryan's. I saw his clenched jaw and the tight grip he had on the water in his hand. My heart began to race and I was feeling hotter than usual. The pull I felt in my lower abdomen was more intense than I felt in months. I was getting seriously turned on by this. But as quick as it came, it went the minute I saw a woman approach the guys taking their attention away from us. Mostly Ryan in particular. Lori and I slowed our pace till we came to a stop. I turned to her and saw her scowling in their direction. "Who the fuck is that?"

"Don't know, don't care." I shrugged, fixing my outfit.

Lori rolled eyes and gave me a playful shove, "Oh come on, you're telling me, you weren't as turned on as I was. I saw the way he was looking at you. Though my eyes were elsewhere as well." She glanced in the guys direction. I knew she was talking about Mason. 

I knew my cheeks were more pink and it had nothing to do with the heat that accumulated through our dancing. "I don't know what that was."

"That was us teasing them, they were just as turned on." She giggled as she spoke, I could hear how proud she was of herself and her little scheme. As fun as that was I didn't know how I felt about the fact I was able to feel that way looking at Ryan.

"Oh and to think this is coming from someone that almost flipped when they saw the doctor."

Lori nodded as she bit her lip, "The alcohol is helping if I'm being honest."

"When did you find time to drink? You practically dragged me onto the dance floor the second our coats came off."

"The V.I.P section had complimentary drinks. I may have drank yours as well." I nodded understanding where all this new found courage from my best friend came from.

When I looked towards the bar again, the woman was gone and Ryan was enthralled into a conversation with Mason.

"I'm gonna get a drink." Lori immediately rolled her eyes knowing I was changing the topic on her.

"Have fun," she said teasingly with a wink, "I'm gonna keep dancing."

Walking up to the bar was a bit nerve racking. My mind wouldn't shut off. Ryan must have seen me out of the corner of his eye because he immediately turned and smiled.