From Ballerinas To Showgirls

"come on girls" Melissa says as we all get out of the van

we head into the studio

"welcome to Las Vegas!" Abby says

we all line up

"i wanna reflect on StarPower last week, some of you did really well however as a whole not so great i brought Brandon, i thought that would do the trick and the dance was a mess the competition this week in Vegas is Thunderstruck and we have four days to prepare as a group this particular group has never not placed in the overall highscores so you need to be flawless this week." Abby says

"Vivi-Anne, not here not travelling to Las Vegas you know what this poor little girl is going to suffer..her mother didn't follow the rules..let this be a lesson to all of you and to all of your mothers if you don't follow the rules and you don't give me one hundred percent i will yank your number from the competition"

"next up, Mackenzie honey i'm sorry you lost your duet partner however i want you to practise on all of your jumps and all of your tricks as next week you will definitely be competing"

"okay" Kenzie whispers

"Paige, your performance is good but your not winning and your not placing in the overalls and i feel like you should be placing definitely in the top ten this is your city you have the long legs you have the look yes? because of that Paige, you're getting a solo understood?" Abby says

Paige nods

"next Nia, last week in Orlando you finally won your category i think you need to do that all the time so i hope that your mother now trusts me and doesn't question my every move i've had it with that its what you do onstage that matters not the choreography not the costuming it's you and your technique that's going to win the first place it felt good to win didn't it? yes this week you have another solo and i expect you to win again"

"Brooke, you did a great job you didn't make the top three yes? i understand the girls are a lot older but you can't use these excuses you should blow them away you are doing a solo and just like Paige this is your city you've been talking about Cirque for years since you were a little kid certainly somebody from Cirque is going to be judging you here but you need to step it up and make sure your name at the end of the competition"

"next i have Camila, you have been a little firecracker these past few weeks..you've been keeping up with the big girls you've won with both solos and you are one talented little girl so i expect you to win this week with your solo again"
i smile and nod

"now on top of the pyramid Chloe, now you are probably wondering why because Chloe didn't dance last week, i keep hearing nobody can win because Maddie wins well you know what this is your shot..Maddie i'm giving you the week off no new solo"

Chloe
Camila Brooke
Nia Paige Mackenzie Vivi-Anne

"Chloe you wanted this shot, your mother all i hear is Maddie Maddie Maddie Maddie Maddie, well you know what this is your shot here we are in Las Vegas and you better win." Abby says

"Maddie you are going to do the group dance, you will not be performing a solo this week..now understand this, this has nothing to do with you i want to let somebody else have a chance to win"

"let's talk about the group number where are we again?" Abby asks

"Las Vegas" we all say

"does anyone know the other name they use for this city?" Abby asks

"Brooke?"