Abbygeddon

|Pyramid|

"come on ladies let's go!" Abby calls as we walk into the rehearsal room that we are renting this week

"girls, this is big time we are here in New York City in the dance mecca of the world right here and i want you to take it all in, everybody you pass probably took a dance lesson at some point in their life do you understand that? yes there's a lot of kids that win competitions a lot of kids that get crowns on their heads and there's a handful that makes it in the industry remember that." Abby says

"i want to talk about Michigan first we are not going to win a group dance until everybody in this group is on the same level when parts of the choreography are in unison you all need to be in unison that's what it means! it's not always about your solos it's about that group and you need to learn the group and if you don't apply the corrections you're not going to improve and that's the issue..now on with the pyramid"

"on the bottom of the pyramid is Paige, did you correct the arms? yes did you put the phone away? no."

"she gets no credit for doing her back tuck or her press...it's her phone"  Kelly says

"credit?" Abby says and she claps

"next Mackenzie, you can improv if you're early on the music in a solo but when you do it in a trio and don't tell the other two partners to do it ahead of time you made them look like idiots because you were out there woooo shaking it out, understood?"

"next Chloe, time to face the music forgot your routine you're not seven anymore you're ten years old you can't make your own thing and wait to be back onto the music when thirty five other dancers are doing the right thing that's a pink slip that's the unemployment line"

"next Nia, you hurt your foot you worked through it, it all worked out however it's the technique and i tell you over and over it's up to you do you want to fix it do you want to be better then you have to..understood?"

"next we have Brooke, Brooke you did what you needed to do but you always do what you needed to do i want to see more from you"

"next Camila, you had a solo you won with the solo and you won a title..and that's good that's what i want for you so i expect more titles and more first place wins got it?"

"yes" i nod

"and on top again is Maddie, i challenged you to keep winning your solos cause you pick up quickly" Abby says

Maddie
Camila  Brooke
Nia  Chloe  Mackenzie  Paige

"i want to talk about after the competition the scout from the Joffery Ballet School came to our dressing room they chose The Abby Lee Dance Company, you're going to be going to the Joffery School with some of the most prestigious teachers in New York." Abby says

"the judges that are judging you are three instructors at the Joffery Ballet School they are going to look at feet, turn out, body lines everything you've learnt up until this point is going to play in this audition."

"you guys need to fight for this we have to work on a ballet combination today we have to work on a short presentation for each one of you to do when you go into that audition i expected you to look like ballerinas i'm shocked at the way you're dressed here you are in New York City going to a professional dance studio you never know who's going to be there you never know who's going to see you."

"you always want to look your best..you're going to have pink tights on you are going to have a leotard on, you are going to have your hair in a bun so moms you are going to have to go out you're going to have to find a dance wear store i want them to look like ballerinas, the look is half the battle mommy's not gonna be there Abbys not going to be in there it's you..you either sink or swim and please don't embarrass me"