Quirk: Through the veil

**I see this one as both a gift and as a curse. I'd be going absolutely mental if I could see the dead like this.**

Through the veil:

The user can pass through the veil of death (the other side/limbo, etc) and see a corpse's memories  as well as interact/see the souls of the dead that haven't moved on and still roam the Earth. It can even be just a piece  of bone and that is enough to extract the soul signature or spiritual energy that's left behind (as not all of it will disappear back into the ether). The reason why  many souls  stay behind or are unable to move is because something ties them to the realm of the living be it anger, regret, vengeance, unfulfilled promises/wishes, and even denial as they still don't accept their own demise.

They can also  see and interact with spirits. Though the user needs to be careful since  some spirits may want to possess him and take his body as their own physical vessel. Spirit energy manipulation is also possible if he trains his own soul energy to resonate with the spirit realm.

Drawbacks: mental exhaustion as he experiences and relives the target's memories as his own (which could be traumatizing); vivid recurrent nightmares, insomnia, and depression.