Quirk: Ultrasonic sounds

I have thought of way too many quirks that I'm honestly not sure if I will ever use them all in a story. I kid you not, I sometimes just walk around the house and think of them just as a way to let my mind relax from work for a few minutes 😅😂.

I don't want them to go to waste so here's another one! Also, since I have a oneshot book I will eventually put those quirks in here too, so sorry if ya might see them twice.

Sometimes I also try to find a "bit of logic" behind the quirks but most will probably work thanks to the power of the gods and anime.

Quirk: Ultrasonic sounds

The user can amplify ANY sounds that they hear or that they themselves make and have them reverberate as loud as desired even taking them to the ultrasonic level. At this level, the sound waves have the power to obliterate certain materials and obstacles such as iron, reinforced steel, titanium, concrete, brick, which can consequently lead to the damage or destruction of buildings and bridges. The collateral is not only limited to buildings for these sounds can easily kill or severely harm anyone who is exposed to the sound waves. Fortunately, the user is able to control and direct the sound reverberation to specific targets or areas; example: they can make a sound reverberate around a villain's ears only thus sparing everyone else from the damaging sounds.

In addition, the quirk also gives the user bat like physical attributes like: cute functional bat ears, bat wings, small fangs, sharp night vision, echolocation, a heightened sense of smell, and enhanced hearing being able to go as low as 1kHz. Despite the sensitive hearing, loud sounds will NOT easily harm them as they can withstand noises of over 250 dB which is an indirect ability independent of quirk usage (a passive attribute).

** For reference **

https://www.extremetech.com/defense/175996-can-a-loud-enough-sound-kill-you

**150 decibels is usually considered enough to burst your eardrums, but the threshold for death is usually pegged at around 185-200 dB.

The general consensus is that a loud enough sound could cause an air embolism in your lungs, which then travels to your heart and kills you. Alternatively, your lungs might simply burst from the increased air pressure. (Acoustic energy is just waves of varying sound pressure; the higher the energy, the higher the pressure, the louder the sound.)

High-intensity ultrasonic sound (generally anything above 20KHz) can cause physical damage. Some very low frequencies (infrasound) can apparently cause your eyeballs to vibrate, making it very hard to see. Targeted "sonic bullets" that cause localized pain (or simply burst your eardrums) is probably enough to immobilize most non-action-hero humans. **

Moreover, besides causing bodily harm, the user can also use their quirk in a more milder form and cause confusion and miscommunication by messing with conversations even the ones done through devices such as cell phones and radios, making them impossible to understand.

Drawbacks: To use their quirk the user needs to either hear the sounds made or have the target/targets in their line of sight. Overuse effects are becoming temporarily mute if they use their own voice too much, physical exhaustion, and a sluggish mind as they must focus intensely to be able to amplify the sounds and the degree of decibel power behind the attacks.

And just cuz! Here's a cute photo of baby flying foxes! They don't echolocate and eat flowers n fruit. No one can convince me that they aren't cute!! 🥹❤️. They give me a free serotonin boost every time I see them.

**Photo not mine!**