Prompt: A re-do of the past

Person A has lived a life with many regrets as they have often let opportunities go to waste due to them not having the courage or confidence to  pursue them. Among their many regrets, the one that they felt the most was never taking the risk to confess to Person B.

They were close as kids, always hanging out together and celebrating each other's milestones. Whether it was getting their first shitty part-time job, finally getting their driver's license, having their first drink together even if it was the cheapest beer, or  successfully completing their first ever 'serious' job interview (a full time job).

They were always there for each other. But unlike B who was always the most outgoing one and was ready for new challenges, A preferred the opposite.

The same was true especially to A's relationships. When A realized that they had romantic feelings for B, instead of taking on the risk of confessing and facing possible rejection; they instead chose to keep quiet.

Without realizing it, A had also began to distance themselves from B because they were afraid that their feelings might be found out and A feared that things would become awkward. Eventually leading to B giving up on their friendship altogether. Consequently, due to the distance that A created, they eventually lost contact with B.

However, after the years passed A never forgot about B and the questions of 'What if?' began to always follow them around.

What if they had been braver and properly talked to B about their feelings?

What if A had gathered their courage to also pursue their dream just like B? Why didn't they do that and instead determined that it was too risky and settled for a secure company job just like their other peers?

What if A could go back in time and learn to be a little bit more assertive and braver like B?.... What different life choices would they have made then??

As A's regrets kept piling up, they wished to go back to the past and vowed that if they could, they would re-do it completely and be more honest with themselves. They wouldn't let their fear or insecurities limit them like they had all this time and they would certainly take the risk of confessing to B.

Come to think of it. A was really foolish into thinking that B would ever stop being friends witht them. Even if B rejected their confession, B would have definitely remained friends. Hell, B would have probably tried to play Matchmaker to make up for it....

Person A thought of all these things as they laid in bed waiting for sleep to come. And as they closed their eyes, they silently prayed to whatever divinity existed to give them a second chance.

...

The next day, when A woke up, they realized that they were in a different old room?? Upon closer inspection, it was actually their room when they were a child?! What?!! They immediately get up from the bed and run to their dresser to look into the mirror. Then they realize that they have turned small! Like when they were just 14 years old.

They quickly pinch themselves in the face and yes it hurts! This isn't a dream at all! Excited but still needing further confirmation. They lookes around the room for their cellphone and found the familiar flip-phone. They open it and look at the date to verify that they have somehow gone back to the past.

Once they confirm that they are indeed back to when they were still in school, tears of happiness flow down their face because it seems that the universe has really decided to give them this chance! Just as then, the phone rings and when A looks at the caller ID, its B. A smiles as they wipe the tears from their face. They take a deep breath and vow that they will use this opportunity to live with as little regrets as possible. With that resolution, they answer the phone.