Quirk: Light Threads

Light Threads

The user is able to weave light into strong resilient and stretchable threads that can be used to: capture/trap targets, help protect against attacks, stop/catch thrown debris, hold/reinforce buildings or structures temporarily, and can be used to stitch up open wounds, broken bones, and even reattach severed limbs. The threads will not only hold the tissue together but they can also stimulate it to rapidly regenerate and depending on the severity of the injury, the  healing time can vary  from  seconds to an hour  for the most severe wounds.  Once the threads are placed, they will not disappear as they use energy from their surroundings to maintain and hold themselves together. Moreover due to their nature, their greatest advantage is that there is absolutely no risk of  rejection  from the body. As a result,  they can be used to attach donor or synthetic tissues/organs quickly without the need to match for  blood type and *tissue compatibility*

**Tissue compatibility refers to how well the tissues of a donor (like an organ or skin graft) match with the recipient's body. When donor tissues are transplanted, the recipient's immune system might see them as "foreign" and attack them. To prevent this, doctors check for compatibility by matching certain proteins on the surface of cells called human leukocyte antigens (HLA). The better the match between the donor and recipient's HLA proteins, the lower the risk of rejection. Blood type also needs to match to avoid complications.**

Furthermore, the user can change the shape, size, reach, and density of the threads at will so they can transform them into sharp blades, chains, etc so their imagination is the limit. This allows them to even utilize their threads like medical equipment or for fights though the strength of the weapons created are of 4+/5 (B+) and lack real firepower. Thus, fighting against strong opponents puts them at a disadvantage and the threads are better used for quick self-defense vs full frontal offensive attacks. However, the threads can be wrapped around either the user or others to act as a fully weightless protective layer of body armor. Due to the refraction of light, this later can be turned transparent while still having the ability to  greatly reduce the force/damage of  attacks by 65%, and to stop instant death from what would have been a fatal blow. Besides protection, simultaneous  healing of  damage received from attacks is also possible  as long as the thread's energy allows since once exhausted they  will disappear requiring a reapplication.

Temperature manipulation can be achieved by concentrating the intensity of the heat generated by the light inside the threads. As such,  they could be used  to burn/injure opponents or to wrap around someone and warm them up. Likewise, thd brightness of the light  threads can also be controlled and modified to either act as flashlights in a dark environment or to become  bright and  powerful  like a flash-bang to stun/temporarily blind opponents.

Alternatively, when no light source is available, the user can either use their own vitality as threads (though this limits its usage as their stamina can quickly be depleted if used recklessly) or directly drain the vitality of the living targets that become trapped in their light threads. The latter is the best one as it helps the user restore and maintain their own vitality while weakening and even incapacitating their enemies.

Given that light threads is not a very strong offensive quirk, it is best utilized for supportive roles, rescue operations, and distraction/decoy tactics. Moreover, this quirk pairs well within a team and can even provide simultaneous medical  and defensive support to a fully offensive unit helping to balance/make up for their shortcomings. However, though at a disadvantage when fighting very strong enemies, the user can still aid in  battle against weaker enemies, help when dealing with multiple opponents, and also deal with crowd control.  Thus, light threads is a quirk that can be adapted to many situations.

Drawbacks: photosensitivity, headaches, exhaustion, intention tremors ( involuntary shaking that occurs during voluntary movements, particularly as a person attempts to perform a precise or goal-directed task, such as reaching for an object or writing) due to over circulation and overstimulation of the body's nervous system, and fainting (when using their own vitality).

Quirk awakening:

**I just thought of this and what the quirk might evolve into if it was awakened**

When the user risks their life by nearly using up all of their vitality in a fight to save their comrades or civilians; their quirk's ability expands into being able to manipulate the vitality of all living creatures within a 50 meter radius. They can  extract and utilize vitality from external sources as they please. With this, the power of their threads would increase greatly as well as what they would be able to create with it. Now, large thread constructs like barriers, nets, weapons, etc would be powerful enough to withstand heavy attacks/blows including those from emitter quirks such as fire, ice, earth, wind, and lightning. The latter (lightning ) could even be incorporated into the threads themselves to strengthen them while also dissipating the attack.  Moreover, they could also instantly kill or incapacitate multiple targets simultaneously by extracting their vitality and using it for themselves or to give to allies.