Incomplete colors Soulmate Au

*Yes, another soulmate Au cuz why not?*

Everyone is born with dichromatic vision (just like dogs) and are only able to perceive a limited shades of color  which are of gray, brown, yellow, and blue. Thus, they  experience red-green color blindness.

However, the moment they encounter their soulmate (be it by sight, hearing their voice, or by physical contact) , they start to see bits of red around their partner. This is how they can recognize who is their soulmate as the world literally becomes more colorful around them.

If both soulmates accept each other, then their field of colors will  expand and the entire world will bloom  brilliantly in full colors.

If they decide to reject one another, then their world will  revert  back   to dichromatic vision and they'll be red-green color blind once again. The same thing happens when their soulmate dies and it can take months to  years for another soulmate to be linked. The time limit is due to the emotional state of the surviving soulmate as they struggle to accept their loss and make way for a new connection to be established. Feelings of guilt and regret strongly influence  as well. Consequently, there have been cases in which another partner was never linked as the survivor refused to move on and accept someone else.

On a different note, there have also been cases of having 2 soulmates simultaneously connected. The person that has 2 potential partners will be born FULLY colorblind meaning that they can only see in black, white, and shades of grey (also called achromatopsia or monochromacy). They will see the world monochromatic until they encounter one of their soulmates. When they find their first partner, their vision will turn from monochromacy to dichromacy (can see a few shades of color:  gray, brown, yellow, and blue). However, they have to accept their first partner to keep their newly acquired vision. Then when they find their second partner (2nd half), they will perceive a few shades of green and red.  They will have to accept their 2nd one so that their world will fully shine with all the colors.