Quirk: Ephialtes Flames

Ephialtes Flames:

*Ephialtes (meaning nightmare or nightmare demon)*

The user produces bright electric purple flames that feeds on a target's emotions in particular their fear. The more fear they experience, the hotter the flames  burn them. In addition to the extra physical damage, the flames  can show/reflect whatever the target fears to  also cause psychological harm.

However, these flames only burn the desired targets and will spare everything else around them. Once the fire latches on to a target it will continue to affect them until either the user cancels the flames or  the target dies. Moreover, because these flames feed on emotions they can become self sufficient and get out of control akin to  adding a splash of gasoline to a small controlled fire. If this occurs, the flames can transform and create a  nightmare demon  that will attack not only the original target but also all those that wish to harm the user.

This can occur since the nightmare flames control depends on the strength of the user's mental fortitude. If the user becomes too fatigued they will  lose control of the flames. Nonetheless, these  demons can be destroyed using force (water quirks don't work though) including being consumed by the user's flames as they've become a physical target.

Drawbacks: it eats away at the user's mental fortitude and causing burnout. Fatigue, headaches, temporarily depression, apathy, and anhedonia have been observed as well. Effects can last minutes to hours depending on the degree of overuse.