Train to Hogwarts

Sara's POV:
After years of stories, I am finally going to Hogwarts. I walked along the platform with my older brother, Evan and twin sister, Pandora. We were instructed to make sure we got into Slytherin and to 'follow in their footsteps'. Whatever that means.

I followed behind the two of them, they were usually the ones left in charge as they are older and more 'responsible'. Evan is a full year ahead of me and Pandora and even she is slightly older but only by a few minutes.

"Now, I'm going to sit with some friends of mine, you two can go meet some other first years. I will see you after the sorting ceremony so remember you must be in Slytherin" Evan says before running off to two of his friends, "hiya, Dorcas, Barty."

"I'll just get a compartment, see you tonight" I say before walking off in the opposite direction as him and Pandora who goes to find Regulus. I need to make sure I get a compartment because apparently I'm not invited to sit with second years.

Finally, I find an empty one so I pull my things into there. At least I don't have to bother with an owl because Evan brought it with him. I sit in here for a few minutes when in comes four boys. Only one I recognise as Sirius, Regulus Black's older brother.

They don't say anything or even acknowledge me until one of the boys turns to look at me as he sits with barely a few inches between us. He has untameable brown hair and these somehow sparkly brown eyes.

James' POV:
We walk into last years compartment and just as I go to sit, I see a brunette girl sitting in the corner. She's cute and we make eye contact so I send her an awkward wink. I assume she's a first year based on the fact no one else is here.

The others sit on the other side but I take my seat next to her. She seems nervous as she doesn't say a word but instead stares at the floor. So, instead of awkward silence, I scooted closer to her, closer than I meant by accident so our face are only inches away. "Hi, I'm James" I say anxiously but attempt a smile.

Sara's POV:
"Hi, I'm James" he says with a grin. "I'm Sara, I can leave if you guys want" I offer, even though I was here first, there's more of them and they have probably taken this as their unofficial compartment. "Nah stay, you aren't doing anything wrong" James says and all I do is nod.

"So what house you wanna be in?" the tallest boy asks. "I don't mind but my parents want Slytherin so I'll probably just ask for that" I say. It's true, I never had a preference to what house I would eventually be in but my parents have been instilling the idea of being a Slytherin to me and my brother since we were very young.

"Well you should just do what feels good for you. Whether it means your parents are annoyed for a little bit" James says, smiling at me, "look at Sirius, he's in Gryffindor which goes completely against his entire family but he's happier now."

"Who are your parents?" The fourth boy asks. "The Rosier's" I answer, I get they aren't amazing role models but they weren't ever that mean to any of us so that's better than nothing I guess. "They any good?" James asks. I just shrug, "they're fine, not loving but not physically mean."

Just then two other first years, Pandora and Regulus,  walk in. "Sara, what are you doing in here? With them?" Reggie asks. "Talking?" I respond in confusion at why he's acting like this. "God, Sara, don't act so dumb, you know your shouldn't be with them" Dora says, "we found a compartment so you can leave now."

"Oh, okay, I guess" I say, grabbing my things with a confused expression on my face, "I'll see if I can talk to you all another time, bye". I leave them and frown as Regulus and Pandora continue talking about whatever in-front of me without even acknowledging my existence. I feel like I should have stayed with them. At least James would talk to me and he even gave me some actually helpful advice. I'm really tempted to go back to them instead.