Back to School

Sara's POV:
The group of us walk onto platform 9 and 3/4. I can only imagine how I look considering they all took time to look 'scary' this morning especially incase Rebastian or any of his friends come up to us.

They are talking about something or the other but I'm too distracted to care. All I can think about is what Evan and Pandora think of me. Do they hate me now? Like I get that we haven't really spoken in a while but I still care about what they think deep down.

I was never the smart one or the pretty one so we never had anything to actually talk about. I used to just follow them around when they wanted me to otherwise I was in my room all of the time.

"Hey, bunny, you okay?" James says, leaning down to me as we stop before getting on the train. "Yeah, yeah, just thinking" I say, nervously. "Thinking about?" he inquires with a smile. "Nothing important, don't worry" I respond.

We walk to our usual compartment when Lily and her friends ran up to us. "Sare, what happened during Christmas? We keep hearing slytherins and other people talking about something and saying your name a lot" Mary asks in a hurry.

The group of us sit down. "My parents tried making me marry Rebastian Lestrange and didn't tell me and I walked out, why?" I ask, confused. "We keep hearing people say that you slept with Lestrange and his brother and that you appparently said James' name during it so ran away" Marlene explains.

"I never slept with anyone though, especially not Lestrange" I say, the confusion becoming more and more evident across my face. "That's what we tried telling them but they said that you 'get around' which is like really weird especially since you are 14" Lily replied.

After that realisation that once again people hate me, we decide to ignore. It's always easiest to pretend nothing happened. In my case, ignorance is bliss and that's the only way I know how to survive. Years of ignoring the obvious facts like how my mother never loved me like she did my siblings but I'd never tell anyone this.

Soon enough we were at school again and didn't have to worry about my parents. Dinner went quick enough luckily but it felt like everything was in a haze. I could feel the stares and they really hurt especially to think that people would actually believe them about me.

I walk up to my dorm in a hurry to just go to bed and forget whatever has happened with my family. Deep down, I don't want them to hate me but in my heart, I can feel that they do. I suppose it's not that much of a loss but as someone who grew up with the 'family first' motto, it can hurt a lot.