Christmas Shopping

Sara's POV:
It is finally December and with only a week before school finishes, I am excited. I sit up in bed and look around my room and see a letter on my desk. My roommates were already away as it is Saturday and we get to go to Hogsmeade. I open the letter and read what it says.

Dear Sara,
With the holidays approaching, your mother and I thought it be proper to invite you to join the family celebrations this year as you have not since going to Hogwarts. Only bring what clothes you feel are necessary as your mother has redone most of your wardrobe in celebration of our family coming together properly. We hope you except as many exciting things await you when you, Pandora and Evan join us once more.
Sincerely, your loving father.

It makes me sick whenever they are loving or devoted at the end of their letters but I suppose they are trying now which is really exciting. I haven't actually spent Christmas with any of them in three years so I am nervous to say the least but I'm sure it will go well.

After changing into something warm for the shopping trip. I walk down to breakfast and sit with Lily, Mary and Marlene. Since October they have been very nice to me and have even helped with a lot of things to do with people and school.

"Guess what" I say with a smile. "You've gotten over your fear of spiders?" Marley guesses jokingly. "Never and something better is happening" I continue, "my parents have invited me to spend the holidays with them."

"Have you not in a while?" Mary asks. "Not since 1971 before I came here but today I got a letter from my father saying he would like me to come and I'm like really excited" I explain, I'm practically jumping in my seat.

We leave the great hall and talk about random things as we get the train into town. The snow is falling and I can finally feel everything going as I hoped it would when I first came to Hogwarts. I have really cool friends and my parents want to spend time with me.

They all suggest more and more shops to go in as we traipse around Hogsmeade. Finally we are sitting in the Three Broomsticks and discussing what to get for lunch when I see James and his friends walk in.

"Maybe we could order pizza?" Lily suggests as we all sit down. I notice they all take their coats off. I can't help but feel conscious with mine off. "I fancy a chip butty to be frank" Mary says, looking down at the menu. I stare down at it for a minute as they keep naming things.

"Sare, you in the mood for anything? I'm thinking a good kebab" Marlene asks me. I don't say anything for a second, "I'm not really hungry, I might get some chips though" I say, knowing that It'll be awkward if I'm the only one not eating.

James' POV:
I'm in the booth next to Sara. I can hear her say the usual "I'm not really hungry". I've really tried helping but I just annoy myself because I don't know how to help her. I'm thinking when I'm home for Christmas, I'll see if my parents know anything.

"Oi, mate, what you want?" Sirius shouts at me from across the table. "I don't know, maybe a cute Gryffindor called Sara" I say, loudly so she can hear me as I turn towards her. "My bad, I didn't realise an angel had arrived, my lap is free if you need it."

She lets out a sweet laugh. Her voice echoes my mind, "very corny, potter". I look at her for the first time properly and despite her looking amazing, I can see her arms wrapped around her stomach and a bit on her arm where she had been scratching herself.

"What, bunny? You look fit, you always do" I compliment with a quick wink. I hear the others she's with laugh as well but I ignore them. "Thanks but clearly you need your prescription updated" Sare responds with a smile. "I don't know what you are seeing but for me it's a 2 talking to a 10 and the 2 happens to be a Rosier."

"Actually both my eyes and you are fine so you must be wrong" I say with a grin. Both of our friends are talking amongst each other now but I still look towards her. "Fine, we'll agree to disagree" she says just as a waistress comes over to have us order.