Happy Birthday Me

(Includes drinking, harassment, swearing, slut shaming)

Sara's POV:
I feel myself slowly waking up. I should probably move but it is a Saturday so I doubt it's that important. Besides I'm comfortable for the first time in ages. As I open my eyes, I realise I'm face to face with a very shirtless James. Was he shirtless when I feel asleep? I really can't remember much.

He's eyes slowly open and I can see his grin growing. "Liking the view bunny?" Jamie jokes, looking down at where I'd fallen asleep. "Happy merry birthday, sweetheart" he says and I smile, realising I'm actually fourteen now.

"We got you presents" James whispers into my ear and at that moment, I noticed that everyone else was still asleep and that there was a pile of presents next to the bed. "Thanks so much, but you know you didn't have to" I say with a smile. This happens every year but it still makes me happy that he cares enough.

"You wanna open them now" he asks and I immediately nod, getting out of bed and sitting on the floor in front of them. I notice James get out of bed and walk around to me. I open the first one as he sits down. I stare done at the pink and orange flowery roller skates. "You never? Thank you, thank you, thank you" I say, smiling down at them.

"And I'll be more than happy to practice with you even if it is just by holding your hand" he says. To be honest, I can't wait for this. I really like spending time with James. I open up the next thing. I open the small case and see a pair of orange tinted round sunglasses. "These are so cool, thanks" I say to him. I can't help myself but to smile at the gifts.

"Smile for the camera, bunny" Jamie says and holds up  his polaroid instant camera. I smile for the picture and for once, I don't care how I look in it. "You have one more thing, why don't you open it up" he said, handing me a small box.

I remove the ribbon and open the box to see a pair of disco ball silver earrings. They are big and cute and sparkly and I can actually feel my heart becoming bigger along with my smile. "The ones from Hogsmeade? You got them for me! How did you get them for me?" I practically exclaim, squealing in delight.

"I snuck into Hogsmeade a few days later. They are perfect for you and you deserve them" James explains and I don't care about being weird right now, so I move forward and hug him tightly. "I'm really sorry, but I'm like super excited" I say, not letter go of him.

After that we lounged around for the entire day before getting ready. We'd eaten the cupcakes they had gotten for my birthday and finally got ready for the party. It turns out they'd decided to throw a huge party for my birthday in the Gryffindor common room.

I'd gotten dressed and wore a sparkly silver top with a black skirt and belt. All this and my new favourite thing, the disco ball earrings. When I walked down to the common room, everyone was dressed up to the theme 'disco fever' and was either dancing, drinking or both.

Pandora runs over to me and for the first time since childhood, she pulled me into a hug. "Happy birthday, sissy" she yells. I laugh, "happy birthday, Dora". When she hugs me closer, it hits me why she is like that as the smell of alcohol fills the air.

She drags me onto the dance floor and we begin dancing along to whatever song was on. I don't care that she is drunk, this is the first sibling moment I've had in years and I'm going to cherish that. I have to cherish every second because for all I know, this could be the last time we spend time together.

At some point I get separated and as I wonder around the party, trying to find someone I'm friends with. Suddenly, I feel a hand wrap around my waist and pull me into a corner. "Finally, we are alone" the guy says and only then do I realise that this is actually, Mulciber.

I try move away from him but he just backs me into the corner even more. "If you try anything, I'll-" I attempt to threaten but get cut off. "What? You gonna go running to your lapdog. Potter won't do anything once he realises what a slut you are" he continues saying, pushing me into the wall, "you must be easy going out dressed like that."

The struggle to get around him continues when I realise I don't even have my wand on me anymore. Just then the music slows down and the lights go dim. Mulciber moves to see what is happening when I see James coming down with a birthday cake and soon everyone is singing happy birthday.

To be fair, I don't think Jamie knew what was happening until he saw Mulciber looking furious. I am also extremely lucky that he decided now was time for singing because only god knows what could've happened with Mulciber.

I blow out the candles. I look at James' grinning freckle covered face and know then my wish is for him to be happy. It's a complete cliche for that to be my wish but he's like one of my best friends and I really want him to be happy.