Assessment Season

James' POV:
Assessments have been getting to me over the last two weeks. Even though I may seem like I don't care, I really do. I put in so much effort and somehow I barely get an E or A. For a lot that seems good but my parents were always the top of their classes so that's a lot to live up to.

I've been sitting in the library for the past four hours but still nothing has gone in and stuck. I'm not sure if it's the pressure or the exams or just me anymore. I spend all my time in the library or doing quidditch during exam season and people are doing so much better than me without even trying.

Honestly, I feel bad for my friends who have to deal with me during this time of year. Even if these are mock exams, I still freak out over them. When you have really smart friends and parents, it gets stressful. It seems that everyone is so much more ahead than I am.

I'm staring at the books in front of me when Sara runs in. "Jamie, Jamie, guess what?" She says excitedly. "What is it?" I ask, trying to put on a smile. "You know those clothes I ordered for Majorca with you because I have no summer clothes?" she continues, "well they arrived just now."

"That's fun, if I finish up now then we can do a little fashion show" I agree, needing a break and packing up the books. "Are you sure? If you wanna study, we can do this another time" Sara asks, I can see her scratching her wrist as she says this.

"Of course, I wanna see what you ordered" I respond with a smile. I really need to leave this library. Honestly, I've been getting migraines from just thinking about this room. It's that intense that one time moony mentioned the library, I began tearing up.

We walk up to my room once she's grabbed the parcel. It made me happy to see Sara this giddy especially since she found out she had to spend most of the summer with her family and not me like we'd planned.

She tries on the first dress, it was for a night out or to dinner. It was a mini dress and a sparkly purple that made her eyes pop. I could've kissed her in that moment but she didn't seem fine. Not like when she told me that her things had arrived.

The dress:

Sara's POV:I watch James' reaction to the dress, nervously

Sara's POV:
I watch James' reaction to the dress, nervously. I look in the tall mirror but I don't look like I wish. I can see every detail of me and it's annoying. I know people say I'm pretty but I really don't see it.

"You look gorgeous, Sare" Jamie exclaims but I can't help but wrap my arms around me. I do love the dress but it's like something is missing from it or me. "You've gotta wear it one of the nights" he continues as I force myself to smile at his comments.

Walking back into the bathroom, I try on the next outfit. Some colourful shorts and blue shirt. It's simple and doesn't take too much attention from anyone else.

I show Jamie the outfit with an awkward smile when he says "give me a twirl, sweetheart"

I show Jamie the outfit with an awkward smile when he says "give me a twirl, sweetheart". I laugh and do a quick spin. "What do ya think?" I ask, turning to him. Even if I like the outfit, I need someone else to as well.

"Well I think I'm gonna need to start getting boxing lessons again before you go out dressed so pretty" Jamie responds. I feel like he's exaggerating but it don't say anything and continue going through the outfits and some swimsuits.