22. Something Weird in the Depths of the Lake (2)

At that moment, the butler knocked again. The butler came in and asked him what he wanted for dinner, and without hesitation Feng Zhan said, "I'd like to have grilled fish."

"Sure! Wonderful! I'll arrange it for you." The butler left happily. Recently, Feng Zhan started to make requests more and more often. The butler was very happy to see this phenomenon and thought it was good.

However, the butler did not follow this survival show. Otherwise, he could have easily found that almost all the meals Feng Zhan ordered during this recent period were the same as the meals made by Luo Xingzhou on the show every day.

It was a bit of a pity. Feng Zhan felt that the meals carefully prepared by the butler would not be as good as the food made by Luo Xingzhou in the wild with those humble utensils. For no reason, he felt that the food made by Luo Xingzhou would be very delicious. He always felt that he knew what Luo Xingzhou's food tasted like, as if he had already eaten it sometime ago.

Nile and Ding Changhuan's fish on the grill was almost burnt. They scrambled to take their grilled fish off and eat it. The first bite they took was the fish scales. And it was burnt. As soon as they had one bite, they spit out what they had eaten. Their faces were confused. They couldn't understand how such food could smell so good and why the group next to them looked like they were enjoying their grilled fish.

Then they tore off the surface layer that was burnt. The color of the fish inside was much better. They thought it should be good this time. Both of them took a bite again. After chewing... Ding Changhuan quickly turned around and spit out all the fish in his mouth.

Nile did not react as dramatically as Ding Changhuan did. But he also immediately spit out the food in his mouth. His expression changed. Then he looked suspiciously at the group next to him. Luo Xingzhou and his crew hadn't finished their dinner. They were enjoying eating while grilling fish. They all learned it from Luo Xingzhou. They were laughing and joking as they turned the fish over the campfire. There was a pile of fish bones on the ground next to them.

Nile didn't think they looked like they were eating bad food at all.

Ding Changhuan could no longer look at the grilled fish in his hand. Then, he looked up to the opposite side. He saw Fang Yang tearing a piece of fish and putting it in his mouth. At once, Ding Changhuan's gaze became sultry again. In the past, he never had to worry about food when he was with Fang Yang. Because Fang Yang would always try to find food for him. Although the food did not taste good, he never had to do anything himself.

Now, not only did he have to do the work himself, he also got several wounds from preparing the fish. Thinking about this, Ding Changhuan felt even more aggrieved. Then, his tears rolled down his cheeks. But Fang Yang didn't even look at him. Fang Yang was watching with great interest as Mi Luo and Lena fought over the fish that Luo Xingzhou had just baked.

Now, no one cared about his tears. Ding Changhuan wiped his tears away and said to Nile, who looked equally unpleasant, "Brother Nile, why don't I go ask them how to make the grilled fish?"

In the past, whenever he spoke to Fang Yang with such an expression, Fang Yang would always give what he requested. However, Nile was not as attentive as Fang Yang. And Ding Changhuan had black ash on his hands. After he wiped his tears, Ding Changhuan got black around his eyes. It was really hard to look at him.

Nile tossed the grilled fish to the side with a grimace and said, "No need. I still have the meat from Stellar Beast. We'll grill the Stellar Beast meat for dinner. Fish sucks."

"Okay. Sure. I'll do what Brother Nile says."

"Oh my goodness. I have goose bumps. Lena and Huo Zhijun are girls. But even these two girls have more courage than Ding Changhuan. He is a man! Why is he so pretentious?"

"But I've found enough fun. I've got a screenshot of what they look like when they eat fish. Haha! It is hilarious!"

"Guys! I actually tried to make grilled fish myself at home as well. Although my grilled fish was definitely not as good as Luo Xingzhou's, I thought it tasted great! Luo Xingzhou must have known we were all watching, so he gave us the steps in great detail. He also told us about alternative seasonings."

"Yes! I made it too! The robot helped me clean up the fish. I put the fish on the grill and grilled it myself. It tasted really good."

"I think Luo Xingzhou should start a live food show after the show! He looks like a good cook! It's hard to find such people nowadays."

This proposal was seconded by many people. But Luo Xingzhou couldn't hear the audience's comments. After he and his crew had a full meal together, they dug a hole for the fish bones and other food waste and buried it. Then, they arranged the order of the night shift. They completely ignored the other two on the side. None of the team members took the initiative to pay attention to Ding Changhuan and Neil.

Ding Changhuan was so angry that he was on the verge of tears. But he was afraid to contact the group, including Fang Yang. Now, Nile was the only person he could rely on. He couldn't let Fang Yang and the others ruin the only person he could rely on.

Although they grilled the meat of the Stellar Beast for dinner, they just grilled the meat with no seasoning. Nile lost most of his appetite and now even thought Ding Changhuan, who was next to him, was useless. He thought this man was so bad at Powers. The most Ding Changhuan could do was turn out some water so he could wash his hands and face... Once they encountered a Stellar Beast, Ding Changhuan would only hide behind him. Any ordinary beast could scare Ding Changhuan to scream. Since he couldn't fight and kill, he should be able to get by in cooking or chores, right? But Ding Changhuan also could not do these things.

Compared with the life of the group next to him, Nile felt more and more unhappy. After eating something to fill his stomach, he said to Ding Changhuan, "Tonight, you'll be the night watchman."

"Ah..."

Ding Changhuan wanted to refuse, but Nile already turned around and took out his sleeping bag and got in, not caring whether Ding Changhuan could really take up the task of keeping a night guard. But Nile didn't want to care. He felt sure he would be able to react if something really happened during the night. Because there was another group next to him.

Ding Changhuan was more aggravated. Opposite, Fang Yang went to sleep too. But there were three people on their side who were guarding the first half of the night. However, Ding Changhuan was all alone on his night shift.

The night was getting deeper. Luo Xingzhou, on the night shift, suddenly turned his head to the pitch-black surface of the lake.

Seeing this, Lena and Huo Zhijun, who were on the night shift with him, asked in a low voice, "Is there any wrong?"

Luo Xingzhou frowned slightly and said, "I think there's something weird in the depths of the lake. In any case, we should be careful."

Lena and Huo Zhijun nodded. Hearing Luo Xingzhou say so, they lost their sleepiness and were wide awake.