23. The Monster in the Lake (1)

Luo Xingzhou sensed patiently for a while. The strange movement from the bottom of the lake gave him the feeling as if something that had been sleeping for a long time had finally awakened. And this unknown atmosphere rose little by little. As he sensed the longer, the more he felt alarmed. Jiu Tang, which was wrapped around his arm, also began to stir. It seemed to want to devour the thing in the depths of the lake, but it seemed to have some scruples.

"I'll go get them up. Let's get out of here right now. Let's head back."

"Okay! We'll do as you say." Lena and Huo Zhijun replied without hesitation. After joining the team for so long, they knew very well that Luo Xingzhou's extraordinary perception was tested in practice. Anyway, there was no harm in being cautious.

Luo Xingzhou immediately woke up the sleeping Chen Kangning, Mi Luo and Fang Yang. Chen Kangning and Fang Yang got up quickly, wiped their faces, and asked nervously, "Is there something wrong?"

Luo Xingzhou told the three of them about the unusual situation he sensed from the bottom of the lake. The three hastily got out of their sleeping bags and ran after Luo Xingzhou to the water's edge. Mi Luo's reaction speed was slower than the others. But he had the keen intuition of a Beastman. Somehow, standing at the edge of the lake, he had a creepy feeling. He couldn't help but want to bristle out of fright. "No! Let's get out of here! I can feel something dangerous in this lake! Let's go!"

"Let's go!" Fang Yang did not have Beastmen's intuition, but his Level B Power also told him that there was an unknown danger hidden in this lake. They should not stay any longer.

The six of them quickly packed their bags, and Ding Changhuan, who was snoozing, was awakened by their movements. He looked surprised as they were leaving and asked, "What are you doing?"

Fang Yang looked toward Luo Xingzhou and Chen Kangning, who nodded. Then Fang Yang shouted to the other side, "Nile, something's wrong at the bottom of the lake. You better stay away from this lake."

He used his power to send his voice blasting in Nile's ears. Even though Nile was sleeping soundly, he was awakened by the loud sound blasting in his ears. He grunted a little discontentedly and got out of his sleeping bag. "What are you shouting for? What's wrong with this lake? Didn't you all check it when you came over? You cowards."

Mi Luo was furious. They were kind enough to warn him. But Nile had such an attitude.

Luo Xingzhou looked at Nile lightly and said, "We've warned him. And that's the best we could do. Let's go!"

"Go!"

Luo Xingzhou took the lead and rushed into the darkness, while Fang Yang followed his companions without a second glance at Ding Changhuan. Even if he had grown up with Ding Changhuan and had a feeling for him in the past, he could not forgive Ding Changhuan for pushing him towards the ferocious Stellar Beast in order to survive.

Lena and Huo Zhijun agreed. The two girls thought, 'It's their business if they want to get killed. Don't take us with you.'

In the blink of an eye, the six disappeared into the darkness of the night. The fact that they walked away without hesitation made Nile get slightly more serious. He began to think seriously, 'Is there really a danger in this lake?'

He also ran to the waterside like Mi Luo did earlier and sensed it carefully. He was a bear beast. He was not as sensitive as a cat beast. But in the cold wind of the dark night, his Level B Beastman's intuition gave him goose bumps.

There was really something at the bottom of this lake that was slowly approaching the shore.

Instantly, Nile turned around and yelled, "Run! Get out of here!"

At that moment, Ding Changhuan felt scared. He didn't even have time to pack his sleeping bag and ran in the direction Luo Xingzhou and the others had left. Even Nile, a confident Level B Beastman, showed panic, so the thing in the lake must be extremely scary. Ding Changhuan immediately thought of that rainy night when he met the Level B Unicorn Lion. He didn't want to experience that terrible danger again.

Nile froze for a moment as he watched Ding Changhuan disappear in a flash. Wasn't Ding Changhuan his sidekick now? In this kind of time, this sidekick only cared about his own escape?

Nile, who was not very smart, finally started to think for a rare time.

'What is going on between Fang Yang and Ding Changhuan? If it was really like Ding Changhuan said, if he and Fang Yang really just got separated because he got lost, then why did Fang Yang treat Ding Changhuan like a stranger? Fang Yang simply ignored Ding Changhuan.'

But now Neil didn't have much time to think about these questions. He grabbed his sleeping bag and left as fast as he could.

Behind him, ripples appeared in the center of the lake, spreading in all directions. From above, a shadow emerged from the bottom of the lake. And the shadow is getting bigger and bigger. It showed that the unknown creature in the lake was getting closer and closer to the water surface.

At this time, the local time of The Red Planet was close to midnight. There were still viewers watching online on Live Channel. Because viewers were on different planets. In Red Planet, it was late at midnight, while there were planets or regions in daylight. And there were many viewers, who always enjoyed the survival show, as well as many who were drawn to Luo Xingzhou and his team. Viewers worked or studied while occasionally glancing at what was going on on the Live Channel. Soon, viewers were startled by the action of the two teams and started to discuss with comments.