Chapter 3

Mickey Pov

The next morning I got up and went to my room and changed clothes. I made my way to the front of Aelasar then with a blink I was in front of the vampire kingdom. Well not really in font. My grandfather is as paranoid as my father. If you appear too close to the gate you will regret it. My grandfather never actually told us what would happen. He only said don't appear too close in front of his gate so I appeared at least 500 hundred feet away.

"Well, well, what do we have here boys."

I stiffened then turned around. It was a group of men. They look like they have been on the road a long time and they stunk. I pushed my lip up to my nose to ward off the smell.

"Give us your coins and anything else you have of value." He pulled out a laser gun and pointed it at me. I smirked.

"Why would I do that? You think it's ok for you to take what you refuse to work for."

"Yes, because I'm the one holding the weapon."

"So it would seem," I said then looked at each one. It was four. Don't really know their species except for one. I walked up to him. "You smell good."

He looked confused then sniffed himself. "Not your clothes, they stink, alone with your body. I mean your blood. Are you a fairy?"

He shifted uncomfortably. "No." He's beautiful as well. All fairies are stunningly beautiful.

"Hey, I said give me your fucking coins or you're dead," said the one holding the weapon.

I moved fast. I broke his neck. I struck the other two with lightning then I was on the fairy before he could run. I sank my teeth in his dirty neck. I was rewarded with the taste of sweet blood. Like a sugary fruit.

Since I'm only half vampire I don't constantly feel the urge to bite any and everyone. My mom only bites my dad. She doesn't feel the urge like my grandfather and uncles do.

Speaking of uncles. I know someone who would love the fairy. I stopped before I drained him. It was hard. He's really tasty.

I pulled him to the gate. I waved my hand then I was let in. I called for a transporter. I threw the fairy in then got in myself. When we made it to the big house I asked for my grandmother. While waiting on her I looked down at the fairy. He was blinking slowly. I asked for something for him. He needs his blood restored.

"Mickey, how's my favorite grandson."

I rolled my eyes. "I heard you say the same to August, so I'm confused."

"Don't get cute dear. Have a seat." I kissed her on her cheek before I took a seat.

"Who's your friend?"

"He's a gift for Uncle Traja."

"What brings you by, my love."

"Gran, can I be honest?"

"Sure."

"I don't want to hurt your feelings or make you feel guilty in any way."

"Stop shuffling and deal, Mickey."

"Right, sorry. I have a sense of foreboding. My father once told me that when you found your mate you didn't go all crazy. That you controlled the urge. Can you show me how you did it or help me? I don't want to be a monster, gran."

She tried to hide it but I saw what my words did to her. What we are comes back to haunt her over and over every time a male child is born. That is why she feels so compelled to intervene when our warlock comes. She feels it like it's her fault, which in a way I guess it is but there is no way she could have known this would happen. No one blames her.