Chapter 10

Ashford Pov

I paced back and forth as Medic Ensley looked him over. I bit my lip. Just staring at him had my nipples pebbling. My core aching and all kinds of other foreign feelings. Wally, Kimble, and several others are blocking me from getting a clear view of him. Because whenever I do. I growl and try to attack him for some reason. My mind is rejecting what my body is trying to tell me. Wally couldn’t single handedly save the human male while keeping me from attacking him, so he called for backup. Everyone rushed to the cottage to save the human male from me.
“Please mistress, try to remain calm. Lord Cain is on his way. He will help you.”
I nodded. The need is strong. Very strong. Medic Ensley did something. He gasped awake. Kimble and the rest had to hold me. I roared and tried to get to him. The human looked around the room weakly at everyone, and then his eyes settled on me. I stared into his blue eyes, unlike his sister’s brown eyes. Even with all the dirt, I can see that he is very handsome, almost beautiful. Beautiful than even a fairy. Speaking of his sister. When we brought the human male in, she looked surprised. Her eyes held fear, and then she scattered away without even asking about his well-being. She will be dealt with for sure. I’m almost positive she knew he was locked up down there. Later, though. After we figure out what the devil is going on.
“What the devil is going on here. I was in the Outlands. I can’t be everywhere at once, you know.”
Everyone took a deep breath. “Oh, Lord Cain. Please tell us what to do with her. She’s growling and trying to attack him. She won’t let us take her from the room. She keeps screaming that he’s her mate, but we thought Prince Mickey was her mate.”  
I stilled when he said Mickey’s name. Yes. Mickey and I are mates. It was confirmed by the priestess herself. Cain walked up to me. He used his dad’s eyes that Makay and I squirm under. The look was accessing. Perusing. Uncle Cain has never had children for some reason. His mate, Elsa, was human, so that’s maybe it. But to be fair. Other humans have had vampire children, elves' children, so who knows. But they seem to be happy either way. But even though he never had any, being around us sure got him the experience. I hugged him. Suddenly vulnerable. 
I looked up at him with worry in my eyes. “What’s going on, Uncle Cain?”
He was about to talk when the priestess arrived. She came to me and smoothed the worry lines from my face. She smiled at me.
She then walked over to the human male. She placed her hands on him and closed her eyes. After several seconds, but what felt like hours, she finally looked over at me and smiled. “His name is Shane. He’s your mate.”
“But-but, Mickey’s my mate. I thought Mila was our mate.”
“He and Mila are twins. Same blood. Maybe that created some confusion. Got the two of them mixed up. But somehow, you knew that, and so did the mating ropes. He’s your one true mate. Yours and Mickey’s.”
I breathed out. “Is- is he like his sister,” I asked, recalling what a miserable human being she is.
“I don’t think so. From what I gather. He’s hard working. Not too trusting. Weary of strangers.”
“And he can hear you, priestess,” stated Shane.  
I looked down at him. He was talking. Of course, everyone knows who the priestess is.
“Priestess. I feel a strong urge to attack him. Can you help me, please. In this state, I will kill him. He’s already so weakened.”
“Sure, dear. Everyone, leave the room. Wally, Kimble. Take him into the lavatory and bathe him.”
I remained quiet. Trusting her. While they helped him bathe, I paced and bit my lip. Wondering what all this means. I was willing to share Mila with Mickey, but this. Two men penetrating me. Having me. I’ve never ever seen myself loving any other male other than Mickey. Especially in a sexual way. But the way my loins have been aching to possess him is a testament that I will most likely enjoy it. I’ve always hated this part of our nature. The part that makes you want to possess a being. Even if they don’t share your feelings or they have their own reservations, our nature simply doesn’t care about any of that. This human doesn’t seem to be fond of us. He seems like a very private person. How will he take all this?
“Take off your clothes, dear. Kimble, Wally. You can leave.” My mate was picked by an invisible force and was laid on the bed. He was still a little loopy. His eyes were open, but I don’t think he’s comprehending any of what is going on.
“Lay in bed with him. Your skin against his skin will cool the ache.” She touched his shoulder. He became coherent, like he was coming out of a spell. When I lay in bed with him, he looked down in my face. Shocked.
“I won’t hurt you.” I hope I can keep that promise. The priestess was right, though. Now that I have him in my arms, I feel better. This feels like some kind of assurance to me. The skin-on-skin contact is giving me a different kind of feeling. Not sexual but, but. I grow frustrated at not being able to put my feelings into words.
“Shane, I know this is weird for you, but everything will be explained soon. But for now, trust her.” The priestess nodded her head to me. “I will leave you alone now.”
When she left, everything was quiet. “Shane. What happened to you? How long were you down there?”
“Why should I tell you anything? I don’t know you.”
“I saved you.”
“So now you want to use me for your own interest.”
I raised my head off his shoulders. “Well no. I don’t want anything from you.”
“Then why are we lying in bed naked.”
“Be-because. That will be explained in due time. We are elves, and we need certain things at certain times.”
“That’s not telling me anything.”
“Are you always so untrusting?”
“Kind of, especially when the main woman of Prince Mickey is in bed with me, naked. I have questions and concerns.”
I gasped. “You know me.”
“Of course. Have to be dead not to. You are always in the news feed for your philanthropic deeds. Never been close to you, though. I’ve always kept my distance. Never had the infatuation with the royal family as everyone else. ”
I looked down at his gaunt stomach, then his face. “Medic Ensely said that you can eat light foods. He said that it’s important that you drink mostly water, though. Here.”
I grabbed some water from the nightstand and handed it to him. He drank only a small amount before he started coughing. I sat the cup back down. He laid down and looked up at the ceiling. He took a deep breath. “I need to tell you all something. The priestess. Lord Cain. The king and queen. Everyone.”
I was about to ask him a lot of questions about what he just said, but his eyes closed. He had a lot of resting days ahead of him. That’s the only way he will get his strength back.
“You know, if I wasn’t severely weakened from dehydration and starvation, I would have to take the chance of having Mickey kill me like he’s done many others just for looking at you. What is this feeling I’m feeling? It’s…. different,” he muttered sleepily. I decided to ignore all the negative parts of that statement and focus on the positive. I know he’s weakened, so I tried not to take it personally that he didn’t seem interested in me sexually or at all. Whenever Mickey is around, he always has a hard on that he constantly has to adjust his pants because of his constant hard on, so I was a little worried about Shane at first. 
I smiled. “We’ll talk soon. Rest and tomorrow you can try and eat something to get your strength back. Medic Ensley said that he can help with the healing, but you still have to do your part.”
He blinked sleepily. “Why did you help me?”
“Because you’re my mate,” I admitted, but he was already asleep.