Chapter 12

Ashford Pov

“Little one. Back again, I see. And how do you plan to subdue me? Beg me,” Chaos rasped out.
“I will fight you until you bring Mickey out here.” I conjured up a red hot energy ball and threw it at Declan. He went sailing backwards. “Now Traja.” He disappeared then reappeared on the ground where Declan lay stunned. Then they were gone.
I turned to Cain. I nodded. “I can do this. Give me an hour with him then you all come find me.”
When he nodded I conjured up a long electrical rope. I winded up over my head until it built up momentum. I slung it towards Mickey. It wrapped around his body. I teleported us. We landed in our place, as he called it. The air is hot and thick, but I’ve always liked coming here. It’s at the very bottom of the planet. 
Mickey looked around. His eyes landed on our cottage.
He looked at me and smirked. He tilted his hand to the side in query. I started to walk around him while getting closer, even though I was very scared. It seems like he even grew taller, wider.
“Do you have Mickey’s memories, Chaos.” 
He bared his fangs. He was about to wave his hand and fling me, I’m sure. “Aht aht,” I said and conjured up a red hot energy ball.
“You think I’m afraid of that.”
“No. You don’t need to be afraid of that. You need to be afraid of me. You might be out of it now and don’t care about Mickey’s happiness or anyone else’s, but what happens when all this gets old. You’re going to come looking for me. And I’ll be gone.”
He bared his fangs. I conjured up another powerful electrical rope. I tied it around his body. I snatched it hard. He fell backward. I was quickly on him. Looking into his red eyes. “Do you remember the first time you made love to me?”
He started wiggling and snapping his teeth at me. “It was my 70th born day. I was afraid. But at that point, you had lost all patience.” I smiled at him.
It was the night of my party. I had been wanting to give myself to Mickey for some time. Something just always felt off. After everyone gave me gifts and after I danced the night away I was ready to fall into bed. But I had to stay at the party to keep up appearances. Queen Aerasume came to me and took my hand. She pulled me on the dance floor. Her lavender eyes were all knowing.
“What is it,” she asked. I’ve avoided talking about my parents or even my family.
“I don’t want to upset you.”
She raised a brow. “I thought I made it clear that you can come and talk to me about anything. Am I failing you in some way?” She spun me around on the dance floor.
“Oh no, my queen. It’s just that. I wish I had parents. A mother. I see how you are with Makay and I want that.”
She laughed a melodious laugh. “I thought I gave you that. I spend equal amounts of time with you both.”
I dropped my head. I can’t explain how I’m feeling and I don’t want to seem ungrateful. This party is magnificent. I shouldn’t attempt to fix my mouth to complain. 
She raised my chin up. She had tears in her eyes. “I know. It’s not the same as your real mother and I would never try to replace her. All I ask is for room in your heart for me too.” I smiled a watery smile. “I can do that.”
“Good, you can start off by calling me mom. No more of this queen nonsense. I hate the title. It’s ridiculous to live up to.”
I laughed. “You’re doing an excellent job.”
“Hmm, thank you. Now here comes the hard part,” she stated.
“What hard part?”
“This,” she spun me around and before I could blink I was in the arms of the king. I tensed and squeaked all at once. I looked around for the queen. She was dancing with Makay.
I’m rarely alone with him. He’s always been nice but passive where my brother and I are concerned.  He looked down at me without saying a word. Suddenly he dipped me then spun me around. I avoided his eyes. I looked everywhere except him.
When he pulled my chin up, I looked into his eyes. He was smiling. I was surprised. “You remind me of someone,” he stated. 
I remained silent. I just stared at him while he got his words together.
“This particular being was timid, but strong and didn’t know it. When this being finally stood their ground, they rocked the very foundation of not only this kingdom but the vampire kingdom as well. Now, we all bow to this particular being. You remind me of them. You’re unsure. Don’t know your place and not sure if you’ll ever find it or fit in. But rest assured, you have a strength. A formidable strength that all will look up to one day.”
“How do you know all this, my king.”
“Because the being that you remind me of did the same thing.”
“Can I know who this being is? I would very much like to meet them.”
He smiled. A smile of love, compassion and devotion.
“It’s Aerasume.”
I gasped. “No.”
He nodded.
“But-but, she seems so…”
“Sure of herself. I can assure you, it was not always the case. She was timid, lost, afraid, unsure of her future. She was lonely. Never knew where she fit in. Even tried to fit in here, ridiculous I know. But one day she said enough is enough. Then she kicked everyone’s ass.”
I giggled. Feeling myself relax and happy that I have something in common with the queen. “Even yours.”
“Especially mine.” He smiled again then got serious. “You’re on a journey and sadly you have to go at it alone. But you have a lot of support. I know you miss your parents but trust me. You aren’t missing shit there. Sorry but it’s true.”
“Do you hate me because of who my parents were?”
“No.”
I wish he would have elaborated but he didn’t.
But that night our relationship changed for the better. He became my father, my friend, and teacher. He spun me around then I was face to face with Mickey.
He smiled down in my face. “Happy born day.”
I blushed. “Thank you.”
“Come.” He grabbed my hand. We walked away from the party. We walked for a while until we ended up at the stream. We sat down and stared up at the moons.
“Ashford, I love you. I’ll always love you. I want you to remember that for now and for the future.”
“I-i love you, Mickey. You’re making me nervous. Are you ok?”
“Yes, I’m fine. Here, I want to give you a born day present. We’ll, it’s actually too big to carry around so I’ll show you.” He pressed a button on his wrist comm and pulled up a hologram. It was a small cottage. He spun the picture around on the hologram. The cottage had one window. It was located in the middle of the woods.
“Oh my goddess, Mickey! What is this?”
“It’s ours. Our getaway.” He touched my hand. My world went black. We reappeared at the cottage. “Oh wow.” It was in a deserted city. I couldn’t sense anything for miles.
He took my hands and led me inside. I turned in a circle, loving the ambiance. He came to me. He grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me. He has kissed me many times before, but this one felt different. It made me nervous. “Mickey, I-i… what…”
“Let me have you Ashford, please. I can’t take this anymore.”
“B-but all the other females you hav…”
“Please don’t. No one compares to you. You know that.” That didn’t reassure me. But I could never deny Mickey. Not when he was like this.
“Ok, Mickey.”
He smiled. “I love you.”
I smiled back. “I know.” He picked me up and laid me on the small bed in the cottage. He hurriedly took off my clothes. He palmed my breast. I blushed. “You’re so beautiful, Ashford.” Before I could respond he kissed me. Hard. It was so hard that I couldn’t keep up. I put my hands on his shoulder. “Mickey, please slow down. We have time.”
“I can’t wait. I’ve waited so long for this.” He kissed my neck, my breast. He worked his way down my body. Kissing as he went. It got intense very fast. Especially when he kissed my sex. “Oh, oh, Mickey.” I ran my fingers through his hair. I grabbed his pointed ears and tugged on them. He grunted and slowed down. He kissed his way back up my body. I saw him free himself from his white leather pants and became nervous all over again. Mickey is very big. I heard other females like it, but I don’t. It looked like it would cause me pain.
“Mickey.”
Before I could protest anymore he roughly grabbed me by my chin. He had that look in his eyes. That look that said that he was done being nice.
“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be difficult. I’m just nervous.”
“What are you nervous for? Have I ever intentionally hurt you.” I shook my head.
“Then kiss me.” I raised up and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. When he entered me, I gasped from the pain.  He bit my lip. I cried out as he bit it harder. He drew blood and licked it. “Let me put more in, Ashford.”
I looked down. His white penis had blood on it. It wasn’t all the way in, but going all the way in looked like it would hurt.  But I knew he was asking just to put on the air of letting me think I had a choice. I nodded before he became violent.
I hissed as he put more in. He covered it up with a kiss. He dominated my mouth. He moaned with each thrust. Even though it eventually felt heavenly. I couldn’t help but to feel as if there was something missing. When I tried to explain that to him afterwards he became upset and slapped me then teleported me back home. He eventually understood or calmed down at least. Then he went to the Outlands and debauched for days with different females. It broke my heart. Mickey has broken my heart so many times over the years. Yet, I continued to fight for us.
I snapped back to the present. I told him this to trigger his memories. “And guess what, I was right. There was something missing.”
He broke free of the bonds and threw me against the cottage. I picked him up and levitated him into the air. “It was you, Chaos. You were missing. I wish you there when I gave myself to you, Chaos. You would’ve felt how you make me feel. How I could have made you feel.”
I continued to levitate him until he was high up. Then slammed him back down to the dirt. Hard. I jumped back on him. I put my knees into his chest. “Not only that. I found him, Chaos. Our true mate. He’s waiting for you. I’m waiting for you.”
Through it all. I know he was interested in what I had to say. He could have attacked me and I couldn’t stop him. Not really. 
I kissed him. This is the first time I’ve ever taken the initiative and kissed him. Mickey is always so busy trying to dominate and scare me that I’ve never wanted to. Mickey always wanted me to be afraid of him. Why, I don’t know.
I was surprised when he let me. He didn’t try to take over. He just let me. I stopped kissing him and got up. Something was off.
I stared at him. Really stared at him. “Mickey.” I stared in disbelief as his eyes so easily went from red to Lavender.
“Mickey, what’s going on.”
He remained silent. “Mickey, what…. why haven’t you merged? You can’t keep going back and forth. You can’t let him continue to wreak havoc. People in The Outlands look up to you. You are their savior. Now all their trust is gone”
“I can’t.”
“Why not,” I growled. I can’t believe he’s being this selfish.
“I will become a monster.”
“What do you mean?” I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m losing patience with him. He has no idea. No fucking idea what’s going on or what’s at stake.
“If we merge. I won’t be me. Not completely. My every choice. My every decision won’t be mine alone. I will be influenced by him.”
“How long since you could take over him.”
“Since almost the beginning.”
“You beat him from the beginning. You’ve been letting him attack people. Attack your fucking sister!”
He jerked back in surprise. I’ve never talked to him like this.
“Mickey, you can’t do this. Merge with him. Your father did it and so can you. I will help you.”
He looked really hurt. “It’s too late.” He disappeared. I dropped down to my knees. Hurt and despair attacked my chest. It wracked my body. I cried. I gave it my all and I failed. He wants to be like this. I’m his mate. I thought I could influence him and I thought for sure that I was getting through to Chaos and Mickey.
Suddenly everyone appeared. Makay ran and picked me up off the ground. She hugged me. She smiled at me but I couldn’t smile back. I lost her home. I lost her brother. Speaking of brothers. Mine is behind Makay. He smiled at me, but it was lace with sadness. “Can’t say sorry enough, Ash.”
“It’s not your fault.” He came and hugged me. I laid my head on his chest and let him hold me.
I looked at Uncle Cain. “Are you ok?” He asked. I ran to him and hugged him. He reminds me so much of the king. It might sound stupid, but I want my father. Over the years King Aeson has been my rock. I went to him when I was feeling heartbreak over Mickey. I felt the king knew why Mickey did it more than anyone. It always confused me when Mickey would proclaim his love for me but turn around and hit me or spend months with other women while I waited at home for him. Cain came in close second. Whenever I got fed up with everything I would go to the North with my uncle and he would protect me against Mickey. 
“He-he didn’t. He doesn’t want to be himself anymore. He wants the warlock in control. He doesn’t want to merge.”
“Shh, shh.” He placed my head on his chest and rubbed my back. “Listen,” he grabbed my shoulders. “We will get Mickey back. At least we have Declan. I told Makay about what Mila did. We have a plan.”
I sniffed and wiped my nose. “Ok. Let’s go.”
**************************************
Somewhere Else Not So Far Away.
“Now.”
“Not yet.”
“What do you mean, not yet. They have lost the kingdom.”
“To a bunch of humans no less,” said a different voice walking in.
“Watch what you say about those humans. They’ve been loyal.”
“Loyal to who.”
“To themselves it seems.” 
“They will fix it. Look at Ashford and Makay. Great leaders.”
Everyone rolled their eyes.
“You have one more seinnight, then I’m stepping in.”
“I know you’re mad now. You’ve started talking medieval.”
“You heard me and you need to stop babying them.”
“They will fix it. Poor Ashford.”
“Well we need to know if she will break or not. I was younger than her and I didn’t break.”
“She won’t, she has a lot of support. They even have Declan now. Give them time.”
Pfff. “One more week.” 

Tell me what ya'll think of the story so far.....