Chapter 20

Mila Pov

Everyone else was slow to sense Mickey, but I wasn't. I knew the minute he landed in The Outlands. That's how I knew that Jergan was an idiot. He should not have been where Mickey could get his hands on him, let alone his family. Now he has lost credibility in the community. Mickey scared him in front of everyone. People are scared of Mickey again. Jergan was their best shot. He had the people ready to go against Mickey. But Mickey has shown them that taking him down will be a challenge for the people. If they're scared, they won't betray him. After Mickey was done making Jergan his bitch, I approached him. "Congratulations Jergan, I'm here to save you. I heard that you've been trying to make a call. I can help with that."

*****************************

.

Mickey Pov

"Why didn't you wake me? Why didn't you bring me with you to look for my sister."

Shane sat down next to me at breakfast. His reprimanding had Chaos flaring up.

"Shane, I don't have to tell you anything. I'm tempted to send you back as we speak, so don't fucking push me."

He sat and remained silent as servants brought him food. I looked at him. I've been getting some weird senses from him. I felt it last night like he was torn about something.

"What's with you?"

His head snapped up to me. "Me? Why would something be wrong with me? Oh, you mean other than the fact that you get to have your way with me. That my opinion and feelings don't matter."

"No, I mean like why you are feeling conflicted. You haven't been feeling that way."

He gasped. "You can tell that."

"If it's strong enough, yes. My mother is after all the strongest empath known to anyone. I'm nowhere near as strong as her. Your emotions have to be loud and strong for me to feel. Plus, you're my mate. I'll be able to sense your emotions from time to time and vice versa."

"I-I.. I didn't want this. Not at first. You hurt me. You forced me over and over. You used my body and instincts against me. A-annd. Mila needs to die," Shane blurted.

"I agree. Is that why you are so torn up?"

He blew out a breath. His eyes held secrets and I didn't like that. I stood.

"What is it?"

"Mila came to me. Not in person. In my head. She has some kind of mind vampire trick. She got in my head. She told me that I could join her army and be king of Aelasar if I killed you."

I leaned down in his face. "And you were contemplating that shit. You were so torn up on whether to fucking kill me or not."

I saw it in his eyes. He wanted to kill me. I started to get pissed.

"You don't understand," Shane said.

He bucked his eyes as my body started to turn red. I felt it. He doesn't think I get it, but I did understand. That's why I walked off instead of following through with what Chaos was telling me.

I was walking past the sunroom when he caught up to me.

"Mickey, wait."

I turned and blasted him with an energy ball. He flew out the sunroom glass window and into the garden patio outback. I jumped through the glass.

"Wait what, I'm supposed to be happy that you choose me over your conniving ass sister?"

His face became angry. "Yes, Mick. You're supposed to be happy that I'm choosing you over her. That's my twin. My family. My last family member and she's about to be wiped off this planet by you. I'm not defending her actions, but it doesn't make it any easier, no matter what she's done. How would you feel if Makay needed to die because she turned evil. And not to mention you're a huge dick. I've thought about killing you since the first time you let Chaos raped me. So to hell with you and your wounded pride. Stopped being suck a huge dick and maybe these killing thoughts would go away. Do you really think that Ashford has never thought about it, seriously?"