Chapter 24

Shane Pov

I could tell that Ashford didn't want to leave. I gave her a small smile. When she disappeared, Mickey blasted me backwards into the woods. I flew backwards until I hit a tree. I barely hit the ground when an invisible force pulled me up and slammed me against the tree. Mickey walked up to me and smirked. I said, "you know. Just because you think you're superior doesn't give you the right to be a dick. Especially towards Ashford."

My chest lurched forward. I screamed out in pain. It felt like my insides were boiling and squeezing at the same time. When he was close enough to me, I kicked him. Hard. He flew backwards. I vampire sped from the forest. I made it to the meadows, but I didn't see him. He was talking through the trees.

"You will submit to me, Shane."

I spinned around in circles. "Why, so I can be like Ashford. The doting mate. No thanks. You should want a mate with their own mind. Not a puppet who respects you out of fear. How does it feel to have the one woman that you love more than anything be afraid of you."

I was blasted. I moved dirt and flowers as I hit the ground. I jumped up. I raised my hand for my weapon. But instead of my weapons, Mickey was floating to me. We stared at each other, shocked. I never really tried calling for anything else other than my weapons. I was thinking of him when I made the call so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

I waved my hand and threw him against a tree over and over. When he dropped down to the ground, stunned, I vampire sped away. Mickey wants to whip me into submission, well, he'll have to catch me. I was almost to the city when I was blasted in the back with a fireball. I roared out and arched my back. I felt my skin sear. My back was throbbing in pain, but I felt it healing.

I stood with my fangs out. I turned in circles. Looking for Mickey. I raised my hand and focused on calling for my weapons. When they made it to my hand. I hit the button twice. I set it to stun, which was a green color. I retracted my fangs when I saw that I was scaring the locals. I must look a menacing sight, because I'm just about ready to kill my mate. I'm so angry I could barely see straight. How dare he treat me like a piece of property to own. Fuck him. I cursed myself for not practicing my vampire powers. It seems they only come out when I'm under duress. But I'm going out on a limb and say I have telekinesis and projection.

When I saw him I charged. I sent one of my weapons to attack him first. I punched him in the face. He flew backwards. I threw my weapon at him. The ropes wrapped around his neck. I waved my hand. He was picked up in the air. He was choking and kicking his legs. I threw him against a building. He fell and hit the ground hard. When he stood up he was angry. Not only that. Chaos has come full force.

He blasted me with a red lightning bolt to the center of my chest. I fell backwards and seized. My whole body arched and spasmed. I felt my energy draining. It felt kind of like I'm dying. I felt lethargic. Weighted down. Heavy. He came and picked me up by the neck. He slammed me on the ground. At this point I could barely see. Chaos smirked. "Don't ever think you can beat me, Shane." His sexy snarly voice makes me sick.

"Doesn't mean I shouldn't try." I raised my hand for my weapons, but he waved his hand and they fell to the ground. He picked me up and slung me against a building. I hit the ground. I coughed up blood. I stood up, swaying. I was dizzy, barely standing. I called for my weapons. I hit the buttons. I smiled a bloody smile. "Fuck you, Chaos."

He roared and came for me, but was hit with a red energy ball. He went sailing backwards and fell to the ground. Ashford ran up to me. "Shane! Are you ok?"

I groaned. "I'll live, hopefully." I winced.

"Shane, you have to stop antagonizing him, please. I don't want to see you hurt like this."