Chapter 6

Ashford Pov

"Why did you reject it, Ashford?"

"She's not meant for us, priestess. I can feel it in my bones."

"Well if you would have waited, the mating bonds would have clarified that anyway. Then you wouldn't have been the bad guy."

My shoulders deflate.

"Chin up dear. Tell me what's wrong. Is it because he has a second mate and you don't like it."

"Oh no. That's no problem for me. I trust Mickey would treat both of his mates with the utmost care. It's a feeling in my gut. Maybe she is his second mate. Maybe she just needs to clear her aura first. Didn't you feel it?"

"I felt a lot more than that. She's hiding secrets and the way she came to be here is nefarious."

"Should I tell Mickey."

"Not now, he's angry with you and wouldn't believe a word you say. Just watch her. It would come to the light. But now you have bigger problems. Now you have to depend on the warlock for bonding and when he surfaces that will be the last thing on his mind."

I nodded then she left.

I went to find Mickey. He was in Makay's spot looking over the kingdom.

"Mickey," I said softly.

So swifty he was up grabbing my throat. My world went black. He teleported us to his room. He threw me against the wall and started ripping at my white leather pants and shirt.

"Mickey, stop this, please." I was shocked. Mickey hasn't ever tried to force me.

He slapped me. I was dazed for a second before I zapped him with my powers. He went sailing backwards into the furniture. I conjured up a hard dirt ball and threw it at him. He dodge it while getting to his feet.

He stood there and changed before my very eyes. The Mickey I knew was gone. His eyes turned red and filled with pure evil.

I know I'm no match for him. My mother was an elf but she didn't have magic. What little we got from our elf side is low impact. Most of our magic comes from my witch father who wasn't an elf. But we can still move dirt and water to some degree. I see now that I need my witch magic.

I brought a strong electrical charge to my palms. He smirked and started to walk towards me slowly.

"Mickey, don't do this, please."

When he spoke, his voice was like a different person. It was raspy, deep and cutting.

"You're going to get it." He rushed me, my world went black. When my vision refocused. I had no idea where I was. The room looked dark and smelled of mold. He threw me against the wall.

I cried out. "Mickey, stop it, please!"

He levitated me in the air then threw me to the opposite wall. I fell on the floor and groaned. I tapped into my powers. I conjured up a big electrical ball and threw it at him. He caught it in his hand, made it bigger and threw it at me. I put my arms up like an X to block it but it still threw me through the wall on impact. I landed in a bedroom on the floor.

He grabbed me by my messy bun and pulled me up. I was dazed and bleeding. I can't fight him. He's too strong.

"Mickey, please, don't do this," I begged. But this creature has no feelings behind his eyes. None at all.

He threw me on the bed. An invisible force finished ripping my clothes away. I laid there naked and bare.

Before I could blink he was there on top of me. He leaned down and tore into my shoulder with his fangs and started drinking from me.