Chapter 15

Ashford Pov

2 days later

I bit my lip as I paced nervously. I bit it harder to stave off the ache. My sex aches in the worst way every time I think about it.

"I have to tell him. I mean. What's the worst that will happen? He will kill you. He will punish you. That's the worst that will happen you daft wit."

My whole entire being clenched up with fear. It had me in a choke hold. Mickey has always been uncompromising where I'm concerned. Now that his warlock has entered the fray, I don't know what will happen.

"How could I have been so stupid as to let that happen." But I can't bring myself to regret it. Oh my, it was so good. I'm aching so bad for it again.

"Goddess, help us all." He can be reasoned with; I know he can. He is after all my mate as well. Or not and he just hauls off and kills him.

"Ashford. You're pacing a hole in the floor and speaking to yourself like you've gone mad. What's your problem?" I ran to Makay and threw my arms around her.

"Makay, he's going to flip."

"Come sit down and tell me what happened. Please calm down. Your eyes have terror in them."

"Because he's going to kill him. Makay."

"What happened?"

I thought back to what happened two days ago.

When Shane came in from talking with Mickey he was upset. I went and tried to speak with him and to let him know that he needs to accept this life. To accept us. I pulled him into my old room.

"Shane, please don't reject us."

"I don't want to reject you."

I looked into his eyes. "You want to reject Mickey. No Shane, you can't. His warlock will kill you. Please don't."

"Ashford, I don't fuck men. No matter how handsome and well-built they are." I wonder if he knew what he just said.

"What are you feeling now? I mean for Mickey." He stared hard at me.

"I-I mean."

"I know what you mean. And I know what point you're trying to make. It doesn't change anything."

"But it should."

"Well, it doesn't."

I put my hand on my chest to stop the fear that was racing through me. He's my mate. His very touch grounded me. But somehow, the fear was still there. It gripped my heart tight. If Shane continues this, it won't end well for him. I don't want anything happening to him.

"Ashford, what's wrong." He grabbed my shoulders.

I stared into his beautiful blue eyes. "I'm afraid for you. Please, please. Don't fight Mickey. I'm sure you've heard the stories."

He stared hard at me. His eyes roamed all over my face. He pushed my hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. He traced my pointy ears with his finger.

I shivered. He kissed me. He was ravenous. He stuck his tongue in my mouth. I tried to keep up, but he was so desperate. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me on the floor. He kissed my neck with little nibbles. His hand found its way into my shirt and pulled my nipples between his fingers.

I gasped. "Oh." Oh, my goddess he was magnificent. I ran my hands through his thick brown hair, and he devoured my neck. He snatched my shirt open. He looked down on me with something that I dare not name. His fingers traced up my neck, then across my chest. He leaned down and bit my nipple then he kissed them. I was so hot for him, and I could tell he was hot for me. He pulled my pants off and I couldn't have been happier. When he shoved into me, I screamed out my orgasm. It came so fast and swift. I wanted him inside me so bad. He moaned as he felt it. My body clenched around him. Welcoming him. His thrust became faster, deeper. His penis was large. Large enough to cause some discomfort. He went so deep that I clawed his back. He hissed. I had to remind myself not to hurt him. After several more thrusts later, I orgasmed. He was right behind me with a roar.