Chapter 11

Ashford Pov

One Week later

We all sat around the table with a solemn face. If what my mate said is true, then war is coming and coming soon. Shane seems to believe that since we kidnapped him, we jumped started it. No one has even seen Mila, so we're inclined to believe him.

"What are the suits for," asked the priestess.

"I'm a blacksmith by trade. I started working with metals and energy and it all came together when I decided to build the suits. I figured the suits would be good for war. That way the non powerful humans or elves wouldn't have to be at the back of the war line."

"What are the capabilities of these suits that you built?" Cain asked.

"They are made from a special iron. Light and almost indestructible. Not big or bulky. I was working on the flying part when Mila and Rayce came to me and asked me about using the suits for a takeover. When I told them no and that I would tell the queen and king they hit me over the head with something and threw me in the cells that I built. They didn't kill me because they thought that I would change my mind. They wanted me to build more suits."

"How many did you build?"

"15. I didn't get the flying part down, but I did manage to power the suits with a weapon. The weapon shoots pure energy from the hand. It's the equivalent to one of your energy balls."

Everyone cursed.

"Why the devil would you build something like that without getting the king's permission," asked Cain.

"I did get his permission. I couldn't import the iron I needed without him knowing and signing the permits. Everything was done through the palace speaker. We had a time to meet but the king never showed up then I got kidnapped. They are machines of war so he wanted them."

I smiled at him. "You're a genius." I glowed with pride. Then fixed my face when they all glared at me.

Shane gets stronger by the day. Come to find out, the remedy that Medic Ensley said he had for Shane to get stronger was vampire blood. Traja has been giving him small doses and Shane has really filled out. His jawline is sharp. His brown hair is thick. His eyes are mesmerizing. I haven't explained it all to him yet. He doesn't know that he has one mate. Let alone two. I asked him if he knew what mates were and he said yes. But before I could elaborate he told me that I needed to call a meeting and that it was life or death.

Then something occurred to me. "Uncle Cain. I believe him. Here. Watch this."

I sent the file to him from my wrist comm. He pulled up on the main screen in the dining hall.

It was the recording of Mila.

"What are they planning," asked the priestess.

"That's Rayce. That is the one that had her imprison me until I changed my mind about the suits," stated Shane.

"The bottle has some foul rancid smelling blood in it. Why would they need rancid smelling blood," I asked.

"It's dead man's blood."

We all looked to Cain.

"What do they plan to do with it? They said something about North and South."

Cain cursed. He got on his comm and called his mates and told them to get to the palace now.

"Deadman's blood will weaken a vampire. Vampires are here in the North and South parts of the kingdom. My only guess is they want to either kidnap one or learn how to kill one. Why, I don't know. I can only deduce that the suits are for the elves. My level of power is high so I'm not worried about me, but Wally, Kimble and the others who are lower level would have a hard time defeating someone in an indestructible iron suit that shoots out energy balls and could possibly fly. Full blooded elves are only water and dirt powerful. Our only hope is that they don't know how to use them. We can come up with a strategy that will turn the odds in our favor, I'm sure. After all, there are millions of us and a handful of them."