Chapter 13

Makay Pov

When Uncle Traja came in with a loopy Declan, I was surprised. I have been rung through the ringer trying to separate those two. It seemed like they were powering each other up or something. I sent out many distress calls for the people of The Outlands to take shelter. Those who were dumb enough to still be in the streets got what they deserve if you asked me. I've saved so many. Some didn't deserve it. They risked their lives trying to record Declan and Mickey on their wrist comm. I think I killed one and seriously injured others trying to levitate them out of danger and I can't bring myself to care. I'm too tired. I've sent out many explanations that Declan and Mickey aren't themselves. I've since learned that the people of Outlands knew about Mickey's impending warlock, but did that stop them from putting themselves in harm's way. No.

I was just getting out of the shower when Traja dropped Declan in. I quickly put on a robe. Before Declan knew what was going on I teleported us to Shine's back yard.

"Declan." He looked at me and bared his teeth. His warlock had black eyes, unlike Mickey's red eye warlock.

"Declan, stop this. Merge with him so we can get past this. Since when are you so fucking slow at doing things!"

"You think this is me being slow. I've enjoyed our.... playtime."

"Playtime. Is that what you call it? We've been on the brink of killing each other for days."

"And it serves you right," he growled.

"Why, I didn't do anything to cause this. I've been trying to fix it."

"Just like you fixed things with Kepler."

My mind remained blank. The longer I took to recollect the meaner he got. He conjured up a red energy ball and hit me with it. I went sailing backwards into the castle wall. When I fell to the ground. He was there choking me.

"You bitch." Then I noticed his eyes. They were his usual color green. I grabbed his hand and tried to remove them.

"Declan." I tried to reason with him, but it was no use. I positioned my feet under him and threw him from me.

"You bitch. You didn't think I knew you fucked him."

I blinked.

"Declan, I didn't have sex with Kepler."

"Then why did I hear you tell Ashford that you had a magical night with him."

"We only went out, Declan. That's it. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to hurt him. I did it because you won't be faithful to me. I know elves are not always monogamous until the mate gene develops but what you've been doing is inexcusable. How could you and Mickey do that to us?"

He looked lost all of a sudden.

"I know. It's one of the reasons why I never asked about him. So you still saved yourself for me."

"I saved myself for me. I wasn't going to give myself to you for you to just treat it like it was nothing. But that didn't mean that I gave it to anyone else, you idiot. What's the matter with you?"

"I'm sorry."

"So you let your warlock out this whole time because your pride was bruised. What the fuck, Declan!"

"It wasn't like that. At first, it was a battle that I had to fight. I just didn't feel the need to fight before now. I felt hopeless. I thought I was over it, but I wasn't. With my internal battle with him that's all that came up. Replying in my mind. I couldn't shake it. It's my main vulnerability, that I couldn't keep you or lose your love, or the worst one is that we aren't mates."