Chapter 27

Makay Pov

Granny finally released me so I could fight. I've made little progress and feel like a failure. I needed this. This. I can do this. I've been fighting in wars for years. I saw the beast pick Adnos up. He was preparing to crush him when Ashford screamed and went to his aid. Why, I have no idea. Her maternal family has shunned her the entire time her and Declan have been here. Declan doesn't care, but Ashford is so big on making sure everyone loves her that she's blind to who they really are. That's her only flaw.

She tries entirely too hard. And I know why. It's because of who her mother was. Her mother was a tyrant. She doesn't want to be like her mother and is afraid of anyone seeing her as such. When she freed Adnos from the beast's grip, he fell. She helped him off the ground. He looked at her for a long time. While they were staring at each other, the beast's feet were coming down on them both. I decided they will have to have a family reunion another time. I waved my hand. I picked the beast up. I picked up another one that Shane didn't see since he was barreling towards Ashford, distracted. I raised them both up high in the sky then clashed them together. That wasn't a good idea because the sky rained rocks. I waved my hand again. The rocks incinerated.

I'm always a good candidate to sit high up and look for unforeseen attacks. I have vampire vision. I've been helping citizens from several hundred miles away.

I wanted to join the fight on the ground, but my father and grandfather pointed out that I was best for this. And I was. I'm kicking ass. And speaking of kicking ass. My mother and father are magnificent. They work beautifully together. My father is something to behold. He's the first of his kind. He doesn't have a blueprint. He is the blueprint. I think my father is even more powerful than Mickey and me. He tones down how much power he has radiating from him from the citizens of the kingdom, but he can't always block Mickey and me. We feel it. I've never questioned his protection and I never would.

I smiled at Ashford and Shane. They aren't there yet but they will get there. Ashford isn't used to working as a team. Whenever she would leave from his side, Shane gets distracted and pays dearly for it. He's been stepped on and kicked twice. Hard. I decided I better keep an eye on them. I threw my head back and laughed when Shane got up and called for his weapons. He smirked, then vampire sped to the beast that kicked him. Like a sleek animal, he climbed the beast's body and sliced his head off with his laser weapons.

"How the hell does the weapon thing work?"

Just then a large spaceship landed at the front of Aelasar, destroying the gates and leaving a gaping hole in the kingdom's defenses. We were almost done killing the rock beast, but we see that was just phase one. Several hundred rock beasts came barreling from the hull of the ship. But they didn't attack. We saw why minutes later when the ugliest creature I've seen dropped down from the hull. He had a face like a raptor. An extinct bird. His eyes were beady, and his nose was a large ugly dent up beak. I can't explain what is going on with his lips. It was very hard to look at. This must be the Raptillion that my father was talking about.

All fighting ceased.

"Who is your leader?" The ugly creature asked.

My father stepped forward. The Raptillion stared at my father's forehead. He raised a brow. "Interesting."

"What do you want," King Aeason growled. I have a feeling if his family wasn't here, my dad would risk it all. The Raptillion clearly can't get inside my father's head. Doesn't mean he can't get into anyone else's.

When he answered my dad, his voice was high and choppy. "We received a distress call. They said this planet was riddled with a powerful enemy that kills whenever the mood strikes him. Are you that entity?"