Chapter 8

Mila Pov

I waited until the palace was quiet then snuck out. I made my way to the outskirts of the city where most humans lived. By the time I got there I was winded. I should have taken a transporter, but I didn't want to draw attention. I made my way to my little cottage. When I went in, I removed the rug and opened the trap door underneath. I walked down the stairs to the cellar. I walked to the table and started mixing up some oats and milk. I stirred it and brought it to the cell.

"When will you let me out of here," he growled.

"Until my plan is done. Until I'm queen."

"You will never be queen. When I get out of here, I will expose you for who you are."

I looked at my twin brother. He is a far cry from the man he used to be. His stomach is concave, his muscles are no longer visible. His beautiful face is gaunt. "Aht, aht, aht, brother. Now don't start with the threats. I'm still working on a good explanation on how you can come up missing permanently. Since I will be queen, because Mickey and I are mates, I can simply order a guard to come here and kill you for treason."

I smiled as he tried to get up but he was too weak. He fell back down. I slid his bowl of food to him. I dare not get too close. The only way I can control him is to keep him weak from hunger. I give him just enough food so he won't die. Shane was always a loner so it wasn't hard for people to believe that he went on a peaceful retreat.

I frowned. They said Mickey went on a retreat. That he needed time to himself. I really wanted to fuck him as soon as I could. I would love nothing more for him to be trapped between my thighs. Still, I couldn't help but to feel snubbed. He was supposed to have come to me by now.

I snapped from my thoughts. My brother was using the bars to pull himself up. I looked at his tall frame. He would have been a great asset to the cause. But no. He had to be self righteous.

"When the royal family finds out what you and the others are up to you will all die. Have you not heard the stories? They will end you all in the most horrible of ways. Who do you think you're dealing with?"

"I will be queen you fool. We don't have to try and take over. I'll do it from within. Just as soon as I kill his other mate."

"You are delusional. Just like the others. They brought humans here over 153 planet cycles ago and this is how you repay them. This won't end well for you sister. Stop this and let me out of here."

"Not until you agree to help us with the weapons and suits that you've built and you agree not to say anything to anybody and ruin our plans."

He smashed his lips together. Fool. Shane is an excellent blacksmith. He specializes in weapons. When he was playing around with weapons and those iron suits, he gave us an idea. We came to him and asked him for them. He shot us down and threatened us. We knew the rest of the humans wouldn't stand for it so we had to kidnap him to shut him up. If the rest of the humans knew what we were planning they would go to the queen as well.

The royal family is selfish. Why do they get to live for several lifetimes and we don't. We already have a plan in motion to kidnap a vampire and make them turn us all. As a matter of fact. I think Traja is at the palace healing from some battle I heard the servants say he was in. The priestess is healing him. I smiled. Rayce will love me for the present I'm about to bring him.

*******************

Ashford Pov

I tried to sit up again and curse when I felt lots of pain. The priestess said she would help me heal faster, but she needed to recharge after helping Traja. We heal pretty fast but the amount of damage that Mickey caused inside and out was significant. I was trying to get out of bed because Daphne just told me that Mila left the palace and I wanted to follow her. She's up to something and the bonding ropes knew it as I did. If she is our mate then we will clean her aura of any nastiness so that she will be perfect for us. But I can't help but wonder if she is Mickey's mate or mine. I don't feel any strong need where she's concerned. If she's Mickey's mate then shouldn't she be mine as well. Something doesn't feel right. I stopped trying to rise and decided to wait on the priestess.