Chapter 17

Ashford Pov

One day later

We all bit our lip in trepidation as we looked at Shane. He was not healing. This couldn't come at a worst time. We really need to go to the kingdom and save the citizens soon. Since Mickey killed Rayce, Mila is frantic with rage. She tortured then killed one of the guard captains.

When Taja walked in, Mickey pointed to Shane. "What's wrong with him?"

"Say what." Traja was confused. He looked exhausted. He was basically working nonstop for the citizens of The Outlands. Traja is the third son of King Armond so he will never be king. So he doesn't really need to be in the vampire kingdom like Talon does. But at least with this way he gets to help people and run his own cities.

"Nephew. I've given him blood. You've given him blood. Something isn't right."

"Then fucking turn him!"

"That's your solution. To turn him. Something else is going on with him. Turning him could make it worse. Make him feral and he'll become a flesh-eating vampire that has to be put down. Is that what you want?"

Well got quiet, stewing on that. Mickey stared hard at Shane. He may have let Chaos have a little too much reign. He has probably killed one of his mates.

I stepped in. "Traja, please. What could we do? We have to save him. What would you do for Mencini?"

"There's maybe one thing. A sure way to make sure the turn takes and that he has most of the vampire traits, like telekinesis, projection. The works."

"What?" asked Mickey.

"You need to call your grandad. He needs to turn him. Dad is as old as dirt. He will make sure it's done right and can even make sure he has abilities to protect himself. Dad is about to step down. He won't need to be as powerful as he is now and can afford to transfer some of his powers over. Kind of how the priestess did with her bloodline, but voluntarily."

"I'll teleport there and ask him. The rest of you get ready for the battle with the humans," said Mickey. Then he disappeared.

*************************************

Somewhere not too far away

"Now can we do something?"

"Yes," the voice growled. "I'm pissed. I'm going to kill his ass."

"Oh, no," the first voice said and palmed slapped their forehead.

"He's going to kill him. You better go with him to make sure he doesn't," said the third voice.

"Not now. He deserved this. Let him have a little fun with the punishment first."

"Then let's pray to the goddess that no one is killed."

************************************

Mickey Pov

I appeared in front of my grandfather's gate. When I was let in, I took a transporter to the palace. I called for my grandfather. While waiting for him, I sniffed around.

"Were my parents and siblings here," I asked when he walked in. He avoided my eyes. "In my time pup, we addressed an elder first when they walked in before berating them with questions."

I raised my brow. Since when did this become a rule?

"Hello, gran."

He nodded. "What can I do for you?"

"I need your help. My mate is gravely injured. He won't make it without your help. My warlock. He..."

He held up a hand. "Let's go." He looked around nervously.