Chapter 19

Mickey Pov

I cursed. When gran showed up, I could hardly control my anger. I was very proud of myself.

"Read them. I want to know if any of them were in on Mila and Rayce's plot."

There were hundreds of humans here, maybe thousands, but I know she would have no problem singling them out. We were up higher on the dais, and they were lower on the floor. When she started pointing them out some tried to run. I mentally closed and locked the doors.

When she was done, I walked to the ten humans that tried to run. I conjured up ten red energy balls and hovered them in the air to create more fear as I walked towards them. I sucked in their fear as they cried, screamed, begged and started backing up.

"Let's this be a lesson to anyone with any more bright ideas about this fucking kingdom or the beings that rein over it."

I let all the energy balls go. All were incinerated. I pointed to the other fifty that conspired with Mila but didn't run and were willing to take their punishment. "You are all banished. You will be taken to a remote location where you'll have to fend for yourselves. No more cushy lifestyle for you because you clearly didn't appreciate it. The rest of you returned to your homes. And if I hear a peep out of the human population again, I will end you. I'm not my father and I'm far from my mother so don't take my words lightly."

When they left, I turned to the fifty. I waved my hand. Sending them to a remote area of the planet where they will have to fend for themselves and without the kingdom's protection.

My blood is boiling. I want to bond and settle down with my mates, but more fucking problems are arising. I will send out a message to the Outlands to watch out for that lying whore.

"Gran, while you're here can you complete our bonding ceremony."

Ashford looked confused. "You want to do this now, Mickey. You just broke your mother's law about killing humans. Maybe we should take some time...."

"Now," I growled.

Gran placed her hand on Ashford's shoulder. "You're anxious."

She nodded. "I'm a little nervous that the bonds will reject us again, gran."

"Understandable, but surely you know why it happened the last time." She cut her eyes over to me nervously. She's worried that I will blame her. I did at first with Mila, but then I realized that the bonding ropes make no mistakes. The ropes turned an ugly brown, which was a clear indication that something was off.

I walked to her and grabbed her hand. Even though all I wanted to do was to choke and fuck her hard. I mean balls deep hard. I'm angry, horny and strung really tight.

"It'll work. Come on." I tried to control my anger at the thought that Shane might reject it. But whether he knows it or not he wants us, both of us.

Ashford and I joined hands. We looked over at Shane. He looked unsure. He slowly walked to us. "If I do this, will you give me time?"

"No."

"You know, you don't always have to be a dick. You could try to fight Chaos' instincts a little. How about some compassion for me."

"She'll give you all the compassion you need." I nodded my head to Ashford.

"I can't, at least not now."

I grabbed his hand. Gran came with the mating ropes and looped them through us.

I was happy when it sparked a light blue and started traveling through our bodies, bonding us.