29

The piano keys on my fingers feel natural, I feel like I'm home again. When everything was fine.

I used to play it because of my grandfather, he thought me it. Ever since he died I can't play it in front of anyone else, it makes me feel like the intimacy I used to have with him is broken.

He died a few years ago. I remember him playing, he used to fill the house with the music, I try to, but I can't play it like him.

He used to do it to gain money, back when he was poor. He met my grandmother this way, he still used to play for her.

It was sad when she died, he couldn't take it, and just a few weeks later he died too.

And then I couldn't take it.

My father was a really big douche. My mother was alone taking care of me and Leo, and my big brother. He is 21 now, on college, far away.

I wanna do that too.

I feel the music getting more intense as my thoughts get louder and I try to shut them out with my music.

And then I stop. All the memories of him and I flood into my brain and tears drop. Suddenly I hear claps and immediately turn around.

Flynn, he is sitten there with the biggest smile on his face and I quickly wipe away my tears

"Wha-what are.. uh.. um... what are you doing here?" I ask him, kinda instable. How long was he there? He definitely heard me.

"I had no idea you played!" He says excited "Sorry, I had just forgotten my backpack" He says getting it from the floor. "You are amazing at it, I swear I was almost crying" He says with a slight chuckle, trying to ease out the mood

I am just staring blankly at him. I never showerd this to anyone beyond my family. Liz knew because she was basically family.

"We need to play together some day, I mean I'm not that good, and you well, woah! Have you ever thought of joining our music gro-" "leave" I cut him off.

He looks at me kinda sad and starts leaving, I wished to match his vibe but I am very overwhelmed right now. "hey, flynn" I call him out and he slowly turns around to face me, I don't look at him

"Please, don't tell anyone. Only my brother and Liz know" It comes out almost like a whisper. He nods and goes away.

I breathe deeply. Oh fuck what I am I going to do about that now?

Anyway. It's friday, costume party time! I should be excited, I have the perfect costume.

I shake my head, trying to forget this moment ever happened.

I stay staring at the ceiling for a couple more seconds before I get my things and leave.

As I am going dowstairs I stumble in whatever it was at the ground and fall on my butt all the way until the end of the stairs.

I groan loudly in pain and slap myself in frustration.

"Hey, need some help?" A young man holds out his hand

I look up, it's Arthur

"Yeah, thanks" I say as I accept the help.

"So, big fall there hm?" He tries to make conversation, I just wanna get away from there.

"Yeah haha" I fake a small laugh and turn the opposite way "Wait, will you be going to the party today?" He holds my bicep, asking me with his head down

"I will, see you there?" I set myself free from his embrace and he nods smiling "yeah I'll be there now" He responds and I walk away.

Well, if he's going just because of me, I got news for you sweetie. I mean, it's not like I'm dating Nate. I kissed him twice.

Yeah, I'll make out with fucking Arthur.

Thinking straight forward again, I would hate to see Nate kissing some slut.

Well, whatever. I don't have a ring on my hand, I am not dating.

I shurg it off and arrive at my room. Great surprise to see only Liz there, she's reading something.

"Where the fuck is Amelia?! Everytime I come here, she is no where to be seen!" I exclaim as I put my things on the side of my bed

Liz is opens her mouth, about to say something but she gets interrupted "I'm right here! Jesus!" Amelia says as she leaves the bathroom, hair soaking and in a robe.

"Oh, hey!" I exclaim happily and hug her "Where the hell have you been all this afternoons? Since this freaking weekend you have not stopped here"

"Well.. you really don't wanna know" I furrow my eyebrows "what do you mean?" I ask her curiously

"I'm just kinda seeing someone" I have my mouth wide open "WHAAAT?? WHO?! SINCE WHEN?" I ask very excited, why did she thought I wouldn't wanna know?

"Alright, you dont need to pretend like you care that much just because I said you wouldn't like the news" She laughs through her sentence and I let out a relief sigh

"Thank god! But please tell me about it" I whine as I sit on the edge of my bed, Liz is pretty intrigued aswell "Tell us!" Liz says

"Well, it's a mystery guy for you two for now. But, I kissed him this weekend, and I'm hoping to make out with him again. This afternoons I have been in his dorm... doing... things..."

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE HAVING SEX AND NOT TELLING US!" Liz says very in awe

"I know, I knowwww!!! But, what do you wanna know?" She asks us "Everything!" I tell her.

She makes a weird expression at my say.. very weird of her to do that, we always talk about this kinda stuff, why did it bother her?"

"Well, he is very good in bed, he..." She starts spilling all the tea, barely looking at me tho. Very strange.