Ep8 - "Wishful Thinking" pt2

"Why does he always pair us together?" Dean complains as they walk back to the motel.

"Because we both know your research skills are passable, at best. Mine on the other hand-"

Kaylnn's retort is cut off when the two see a bunch of kids running from a small blonde haired boy.

"You better run!" He shouts.

The boy stops and turns around. His eyes catching on Dean.

"You got a problem, mister?" He says menacingly.

Kaylnn covers her mouth in laughter at Dean's affronted look.

"What? No." He says hurriedly.

The boy runs ahead, but suddenly Dean puts a hand to his stomach.

He lets out a groan and starts to walk quicker towards the motel.

Sam opens the door of the room to find Kaylnn sitting at the desk with books open.

Just as he's about to ask where Dean is the noise of wrenching comes from the bathroom.

"Dean? You all right?"

Kaylnn doesn't look up as she flicks through some pages. "Couldn't keep his food down as soon as we got in."

In a strained voice Dean says coming out of the bathroom. "The wishes turn bad, Sam. The wishes turn very bad."

So it was the sandwich, huh?" Sam says.

Kaylnn pushes her hair back before speaking. "The coin was Babylonian. It's cursed. I had a look through different books and found some fragments of a legend."

Dean starts to look unwell again as the attention turns to him. "I'm good. The, uh... the serpent is Tiamat, which is the, uh, Babylonian god of primordial chaos. I guess their, uh, priests were working some serious black magic." He finishes for Kaylnn.

"They made the coin?"

"Yeah, to sow the seeds of chaos. Whoever tosses a coin in the wishing well, makes a wish, it turns on the well."

"Then it starts granting wishes to all comers." Kaylnn explained.

"But the wishes get twisted. You ask for a talking teddy..." Sam was catching on.

"You get a bipolar nut job." Dean said bluntly.

"And you get E. coli." Sam smirked.

"Mm. This thing has turned more than one town upside down over the centuries. It's even wiped a few off the map. I mean, one person gets their wish, it's trouble, but everybody gets their wish..."

"It's chaos."

"Mm-hmm." Dean nodded.

"Any way to stop it?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. One way. We got to find the first wisher. Whoever dropped the coin in and made the first wish, they're the only ones who can pull it back out and reverse the wishes." Kaylnn answered.

"So for now, we've got a couple of nutso dreams come true, but once the word gets out about the well, things are just gonna get crazier and crazier." Dean says.

—————-////////////—————-

Sam's doing further research on the computer while Kaylnn sits on the floor by the bed. Kaylnn is Just pulling on a hoodie when she feels a disturbance behind her on the bed.

Dean is asleep, but his eyelids twitch as do his hands. He tries to talk but it comes out muffled, he's distressed and his head turns from side to side.