Ep18 - "The monster at the end of the book" pt2

The small group exited the Impala arriving at the address they'd gotten. The house stood, albeit, slightly falling apart.

Trepidation followed their steps, as it also weighed them down.

With Kaylnn behind, Sam and Dean stop in front of the door, share a look, and shrug.

Dean stepped forward pressing his finger down onto the doorbell, the ring echoed through the house.

A man dressed in a ragged dressing gown pulls open the front door. Kaylnn's eyes take in his appearance, a five o' clock shadow graced the lower half of his face.

"You Chuck Shurley?" Dean asks.

Sam steps forward. "The Chuck Shurley who wrote the "Supernatural" books?"

"Maybe." He looks between the three. "Why?"

"I'm Dean. This is Sam." He then jerks his thumb behind him. "There's Kaylnn. You know, the people you've been writing about."

Kaylnn looks annoyed at being gestured to like that by him, but more important things were happening right now.

Chuck looks weary and shuts the door.

Kaylnn sighs and steps forward stabbing the bell again.

"Jeez, what'd the bell ever do-" Dean was interrupted by the door opening back up.

"Look, uh... I appreciate your enthusiasm." Chuck runs a hand through his short brown hair. "Really, I do. It's, uh, it's always nice to hear from the fans. But, uh, for your own good, I strongly suggest you get a life."

This time when he tries to shut the door, Dean puts out a hand to stop it.

"See, here's the thing. We have a life. You've been using it to write your books." Dean shoves the door open, forcing Chuck to back up into the house.

Dean's steps don't falter as the two behind follow him.

"Now, wait a minute. Now, this isn't funny." Chuck says nervously.

"Damn straight, it's not funny."

"Look, we just want to know how you're doing it." Sam can detect the note in his brother's voice.

The author shakes his head. "I'm not doing anything."

Dean pushes him with a question. "Are you a hunter?"

"What? No. I'm a writer."

"Then how do you know so much about demons?" Kaylnn advances.

Dean watches Chuck fall backwards onto his couch. "And Tulpas, and changelings?"

"Is this some kind of "Misery" thing? Ah, it is, isn't it? It's a "Misery" thing!"

"No, it's not a "Misery" thing. Believe me, we are not fans!" Dean sounds more than annoyed.

"Well, then, what do you want?!"

"I'm Sam. Kaylnn is there. And that's Dean."

"They're all fictional characters. I made them up! They're not real!"