Ep19 - "Jump the Shark" pt2

The motel room wasn't her favourite but it wasn't totally crappy. She felt like she'd thought that a million times before.

Dean runs a cloth up and down a shotgun. His knuckles flexing as he gripped the barrel, eyes focused.

Kaylnn swallowed. Stop that. Its just his hands. His ringed, veined hands. The bracelets slid as he tilted his arm up.

Dean turns to look at her when a knock at the door causes a break in tension.

Sam opens the door, allowing Adam to burst in.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Adam, hey." Sam speaks as if to a spooked horse.

He closes the door behind Adam. Dean just flips a cloth over the shotgun. Out of sight now.

"Take it easy." Sam says.

Kaylnn concentrated on a frantic Adam. Not Dean's forearms.

"No, don't tell me to take it easy, okay?" Adam barely takes a breath. "My house is a crime scene, my mom's probably dead, and you two—well, you tell me to call the cops, but you got to bail before they show? So, who are you really?"

Silence.

"Cops didn't know where to look for my mom, Dean, but you did. And I heard you talking earlier—something about grave robberies."

Adam's eyes catch on the end of the shotgun. It pokes out next to Dean.

"You're not mechanics. I just want to know what's going on."

More silence.

"Please." Adam looks to all of them. But when his gaze rests on Kaylnn's she feels for him. Wanting to know the truth.

"We're hunters." She blurts out. Immediately she guiltily looks at Sam but he seemed to be on the brink of saying it anyway. Kaylnn doesn't dare look at Dean. Not as he scolds her.

"Kaylnn! I swear—"

Sam shrugged. "He deserves to know, Dean."

Adam looked a little grateful, but more questions lay in his expression. "What do you mean, 'hunters'?"

Dean shakes his head.

They tell him everything.

—————/////////////—————

Adams eyebrows have raised at least 30 times in the last 40 minutes of explanation. To be fair, Kaylnn reckons he's taking it well.

Adam is a little breathless. "Okay, so...basically, you're saying that every movie monster, every nightmare that I've ever had, that's all real?"

Dean shrugs. "Godzilla's just a movie."

"We hunt them." Sam gestured to the three of them. "So did Dad."

Adam nods. "Okay."

""Okay"? That's it?" Dean said, abrasively.