Ep18 - "The monster at the end of this book"

The bell above the doors dings as Kaylnn pushes it with Sam and Dean following behind.

The latter in suits and long black coats, the usual get up for the FBI cover. Kaylnn hated formal wear so she'd opted for closely cut black pants and a dark grey polo under a jacket.

The man behind the counter looks up as they approach, taking out their badges.

"Uh... can I help you?" He asks giving them a look.

Dean gives him a quick smile. "Sure hope so. Agents DeYoung, Shaw and Carson. Just need to ask you a few questions."

"Notice anything strange in the building, last couple of days?"

The man raises his brow. "Like what?"

"Well, some other tenants reported flickering lights." Dean said.

"Uh, I don't think so. Why?"

"What about noises? Any skittering in the walls?"Sam asked. "Kind of like rats?"

"And the FBI is investigating a rodent problem?" The man behind the counter looked skeptical.

"What about cold spots? Feel any sudden drops in temperature?" Sam leaned a little forward now.

Then it was like a lightbulb went off in the guy's mind. "I knew it! You guys are LARPing, aren't you?" He grinned.

Dean looked confused. "Excuse me?"

"You're fans." The guy smiled, his eyes fully taking them all in now.

"Fans of what?" Sam also looked confused.

"What is "LARPing"?" Dean questioned.

"Like you don't know." He scoffed. Then, seeing their confused looks he opened his mouth before Kaylnn interrupted.

"Live-Action Role-Play." She tutted as if it was obvious.

Dean did a one eighty turning to her with an affronted look. "Nerd."

"Shut up. Isn't college supposed to be about trying new things." Kaylnn huffed giving him a dig.

The guy nodded looking to Sam. "And pretty hardcore, too."

Dean smirked, but turned to the guy. "I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about."

The guy looked like he didn't believe that but explained anyway. "You're asking questions like the building's haunted. Like those guys from the books. What are they called? Uh... "Supernatural." Two brothers and a girl, use fake IDs with rock aliases, hunt down ghosts, demons, vampires. What are their names? Uh... Steve, Dirk and Katlynn ?Uh, Sal...Dane and mmmm.....Kristen..?

Sam looked between the two. "Kaylnn, Sam and Dean?"

"That's it!" He exclaimed.

Dean's eyebrows knit together. "You're saying this is a book?"

"Books. It was a series. Didn't sell a lot of copies, though. Kind of had more of an underground cult following." The guy nods, he promptly gets up and goes over to a table.

Kaylnn notices the label "Bargain Bin".

"Let's see. Um... Ah. Yeah" The man hands Dean a book. "That's the first one, I think."

Dean reads from the cover of the book.
" "Supernatural" by Carver Edlund." He flips the book over, reads the back cover. "Along a lonely California highway, a mysterious woman in white lures men to their deaths."

"Didn't know you could read, Winchester." Kaylnn smirks. Dean gives her a glare just as Sam says, "Give me that."

Grabbing the book he speaks to the man. "We're gonna need all the copies of "Supernatural" you've got."