Ep18 - "The monster at the end of the book" pt3

After stopping at a diner for food, where Sam and Dean had done their best not to fight, the trio find themselves at the Toreador Motel.

"Dude, this place charges by the hour." Sam complains, getting out of the car.

"Yeah, well, the book says Lilith finds you at the Red Motel. Hence, the uh, hooker inn. It's opposite day, remember?" Dean says.

He drops a bag on the bed and starts pulling out items. Then takes a few small string-tied bags and places them around the room.

Kaylnn is still quiet but Dean keeps his eyes firmly off her. We've all got problems.

But his mind swirls.

Sam folds his arms. "What are you doing?"

"Couple of hex bags ought to Lilith-proof the room."

"So, what?" Sam looked pressed. "I'm supposed to just hole up here all night?"

"That's exactly what you're gonna do, okay? And no research. I don't care what you do – use the Magic Fingers or watch Casa Erotica on Pay-Per-View."
Dean reaches into Sam's bag and pulls out Sam's laptop, smiling.

"Oh, dude, come on."

"Just call it a little insurance."

"What are you gonna do?" Sam then looks over at Kaylnn too.

"Well, the pages say that I spend all day riding around in the Impala. So I'm gonna go park her. Behave yourself, would you?"

"What about Kaylnn?" Sam asks, still defiant.

"It doesn't matter what we do guys, it's fate. Everything he writes is true and comes true." Her voice still had that dead tone to it.

Dean didn't care what he'd read about her in today's manuscript. In that split second that tone....the words came out of his mouth before he could stop them.

"She's coming with me." Dean clicked his fingers, just the way she hated and strode towards the door.

"I would rather—" the girl was cut off by Dean catching her under the arm and practically yanked her out.

He smiles, pleased with himself, and leaving Sam to fume. Kaylnn with her mouth still open.

——————///////////—————

Dean opened the passenger door almost throwing her in.

"Get your hands off me!" She protests but she's already in.

Dean steps on the gas, while muttering a quiet apology to the car.

Kaylnn is just as annoyed as Sam now, but Dean supposed that's what he was best at.

"I'm parking now so don't go—" but the wheels have barely stopped spinning as Dean parks and the girl steps out. She storms out, crossing the street.

He rolls his eyes following her. "Hey!" He shouts.

She looks back to find him gaining on her. "Dean I would highly advise not approaching me right now. Especially if you want to have kids someday."

Dean smirks. "Only with you dearest."

Wrong thing to say Dean.

She strides up to him shoving him hard in the chest. He lets out a huff of breath as it's forced from him. Kaylnn looks like she's lining up for a second shot when she pauses.

He eyes her wearily but notices her stare is behind him. Daring to turn the sight of two teens are attempting to break into his car.

Dean looks furious as he spins and starts to run back across the road. He briefly heard Kaylnn shout something but he's already racing over.