Dopamine

"They say both Maki and the kids will be fine."

Gojo said as he stood next to you and Yuta sitting on the chair outside the hospital room Maki's in.

"Thank goodness." Yuta huffed out. "You don't look very satisfied? Neither of you do." Gojo commented. You and Yuta both looked at Gojo. "I...I managed to call Rika-chan out for myself for the first time." Yuta answered.

"Really? That's a step forward." Gojo replied while Yuta kept looking at his ring before looking up and seeing a boy walking past him. Gojo looked at you, who was sitting back against the wall with your arms folded. "What about you, Y/n?" He asked as you looked up at him.

"Ryo never really told me its powers, so I was a little surprised when it took Maki, Yuta and I into that ball it made and began bouncing all around the curse's stomach. But if that's not the only thing it can do, then I'm wondering if its powers are based on molding itself into whatever it wishes." You explained before huffing. Gojo hummed with a nod. "I see you're getting along with that curse, huh?" Gojo asked, taking another look at you. You looked back up at him.

"As embarrassing as that sounds, yeah, actually." You said with a soft chuckle. He smiled before ruffling your hair. "If you want, I could go to the library at Jujutsu High and look for some books about Ryo." You smiled softly. "That's ok. I'll just ask it myself."

You got up from the soft cushion and walked down the hallway to get some water, as you informed both Yuta and Gojo. On your way back, you decided to sneak into Maki's room and say hi to see how she's doing.

Her head turned to face you with a frown. "What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be outside with the other two?" She grumbled before turning back over on her side. You chuckled before sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed. "I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking," You said sarcastically with a smile. You heard a scoff from the other side. "Why're you even in here anyways? Not like anything that went wrong with me had anything to do with you." She grumbled once again. You looked at her. "Well-" You paused. The only thing you heard now was the sound of her even breathing.

"Whatever. Get better, will ya? I still need someone to help me get better at fighting." You joked before getting up and walking back out the room to meet back up with Gojo and Yuta.

Gojo and Yuta both looked over at you. "Took ya long enough. Yuta here just decided that he's gonna unravel Rika's curse. Doesn't that sound fun?" Gojo chirped with a smile. You huffed before looking at him.

"Yep. Real fun."

-

-

-

"Hey, Ryo." You asked as you opened the door to your room. "Hm?" It responded. "I have a few questions for you. Just a few." You said, plopping down on your bed.

"What is it?"

"So..what are your powers? Like, what can you do?"

"...To put it simply, I can transform into anything I'd like. Though depending on how big the object, it takes up a bit of cursed energy. Like that ball I made the other day with spikes, it took up a small portion of my cursed energy."

"Do you have any weaknesses?"

"One. Fire."

"Fire?"

"Yep. You see how I'm known to you as a glob of sorts. As you know, I'm made of liquid cursed energy. What happened was, about a thousand years ago, I used to not have that weakness. But the area I was born in was such an angry community and those bad emotions fueled into my cursed energy. What once was a spark of irritation and simple annoyance erupted into an enormous wildfire of anger and madness. The cursed energy inside this liquid soon started to bubble up to the surface, and eventually caught a few buildings on fire. The fire brought a mixture of fear and aggravation at the same time, overwhelming and confusing the cursed energy inside me. People back then didn't know I existed, as I had no way of getting around without a host, so that made fire become my weakness."