Lethal

After Mai and Todo came from Kyoto, you'd finally gotten a break. You took the time to go out and go to places like Harajuku and Sendai Miyagi to do some more digging. Before your break ended, you went to go visit your mom and see how she was doing. As soon as she laid eyes on you, she began crying her eyes out.

You brought your hand up to pat her head as she kept crying onto your shoulder. It's been about 15 minutes since you got there, and that's all she's been doing. Crying.

After a while, she finally stopped crying, and you talked for a little bit before at one point you looked out and saw that the sky was getting darker and decided that you should start heading back to Jujutsu Tech, which your father told her all about after you left.

All good things must come to an end, and Gojo was your reckoning when he sent you on yet another mission.

A mission, which went so horribly wrong, can't be discussed to anyone, and can't be mentioned anymore.

But, the exchange event finally rolled around, which gave you something to look forward to.

"You ready?" Maki asked, locking your pinky finger with hers. You looked at her and nodded then let out a huff. "I'm ready for the exchange event, but not the fighting." You answered truthfully.

Lately, you've been burnt out on fighting. Between that classified mission and training, it was safe to say that you were tired. Anyone with one eye can see it, the way you'd slug yourself over to the training field with bags under your eyes. During classes, everyone could see how you'd barely keep your head up while Gojo's talking. Even in that special class, Shami would notice your quietness. (Shami is the only third year that didn't get suspended)

Maki wanted to nod, trying to understand where you're coming from. She still remembered that one day when she came up with the theory where smart people must not be inclined to fight, as they must think it's immature. That thought still lingered in her mind and it made her chuckle every now and then.

"Oi, Y/n!" A voice called, and you turned around to find Shami walking up with the other first and second years. You quickly waved back to her. "So, you all ready?" Shami asked, looking between the group. Everybody blinked at the random woman's question.

"Um...who even are you?"

"That's Shami-senpai! The only third year here that didn't get suspended!" Panda chirped. Nobara nodded before looking back at Shami who was pointing her thumb at herself. Megumi and Nobara stared with deadpanned expressions.

"Wait..why's everyone empty handed?!" Nobara finally noticed before you facepalmed, "Why do you have all that luggage? We're not going anywhere."

"What?! It's a Tokyo-Kyoto sister school exchange event in Kyoto!"

"Nope, exchange event with Kyoto! The exchange event's being held here!" Panda corrected while Nobara grumbled a few curses to herself.

"What?! I was totally ready to go sightseeing!"

"The exchange event is held at the school who won the recent exchange event." You commented. Nobara turned to you with an irk on her face. "THEN DON'T GO WINNIN', IDIOTS!" Nobara shouted before grabbing you by your collar. You frowned then took her hand, gripped it tightly and pried it off of you. You didn't even need to grip it that tightly, but you did it just to do it.

"It wasn't even us. Yuta's the only one who went last year and fought every single kid from Kyoto, or that's what I heard at least." Shami commented, sitting on the rock next to you. You nodded after that.

"Wasn't that prior to freeing Rika?" You asked, turning to Maki. She nodded before Nobara threw her stuff down.

"CURSE YOU, OKKOTSU YUTAAAA!"