Blood on the Walls

"For the love of god!"

You cursed under your breath as you stood on the porch. When you'd gotten up from your bed, you made sure you closed the door before you went outside to breathe for a second. Currently, you were staying with Yuji at a safehouse just outside from the Tech Campus, hidden in all the greenery to make sure nobody came looking for the two of you. Every now and then, someone would come and check up on you both, mostly Megumi. On the days you'd see Maki walking around the halls of the safehouse led to nights where you'd finally get more than 3 hours of sleep.

You'd woken up from another nightmare from Shibuya, this time about Yachi. The image of Yachi's corpse forever taunting you in your head, screaming at you that you could've done better, that if you hadn't gone out of that subway he wouldn't have died. You still felt his ghost following you around to remind you of the mess you made. A mess too big to clean up.

For the past two weeks you've been having nightmares from what happened in Shibuya. They've mainly been about Ryo, but occasionally they'd lead to your execution. You were beginning to think you were going insane. Between having to be held captive here and having those nightmares every time you close your eyes seemed to be enough. You wondered where Shami was in all of this, was she ok? Did you at least have your next best friend to talk to?

"Damn it..." You mumbled under your breath as you rested your arms on the wooden railing. The air was cold, and you were in a t-shirt and shorts, but you didn't care. The weather was nothing compared to what was going on in your head. Instead of Ryo's voice, it was replaced with the screams of October 31st.

"Senpai? Are you ok?" You heard a voice ask from behind you. You turned around and found Yuji standing on the porch with you. You hadn't even heard the door open, maybe that's because you didn't close it in the first place even when you thought you did. Oh well.

You nodded your head, though you and Yuji both knew that was the biggest lie ever. "I just don't get it." You finally answered. Yuji lifted a brow as he walked over to the railing and stood next to you, copying you and resting his arms on the wooden railing. "Don't get what?"

"I don't get why I had to be the one who walked down that alley. Why I had to be the one who got accepted into Jujutsu Tech. It could've been anyone else, but it was me." You huffed out, letting your head drop.

"...Whenever my father would come home from work at night, after he'd seen another murder case, he said he thinks of all the families that are hurt by it. He said it hurt him, too. But he said he lets it hurt until it doesn't hurt anymore." You continued. Yuji looked at you.

"Well, I think if anyone else had walked down that alley, Shibuya could've been a lot worse, senpai." He commented, you lifted your head up and looked at him. "Seriously?"

"Yeah. Just imagine out of all the evil people out there who could've walked down that alley. It would've been a lot worse with someone like that." He continued. You let out a sigh. "I wonder what happened to that 16 year old girl who wanted to be Tokyo's youngest detective."

The Jujutsu world happened. When you walked down that alley, and found Ryo, your life would never have been the same, even if you left immediately. You wanted to go back and leave Ryo there in that alley and let it be someone else. You wish you never met Ryo, because now you're left with the scars of your memories of him. But then what would your life be like without Maki? Oh, you couldn't bear to think of a life without her. She was your source, your lighthouse to help you find your way back.

"Huh?" Yuji questioned, raising a confused brow. You shook your head then went back inside and left the confused Yuji standing out there.

.