Assimilate

"You're a panda. Why do you need a scarf?" You questioned as you walked next to Panda and Maki. He looked at you. "Why not?" He snickered before facing forward. You rolled your eyes at his chuckle.

"Y'know what, gimme that!" You reached up and snatched Panda's scarf. He looked at you with a betrayed look on his face. "How could you, Y/n?! I thought we were friends!"

"Sharing is caring!"

"Stealing isn't caring!"

You stuck your tongue out at him before chuckling. "Uhm...guys? I've got a premonition..."

"That's just your cursed energy."

"Yeah, since that Rika's with you, it overwhelms your surroundings." Maki said as the 5 of you kept walking. You looked between the other 4. "I dunno, I got the feeling that Yuta's right." You commented nervously. Maki and Panda looked at you.

"They're right. I can sense something off here, too." Ryo commented. Maki lifted a brow. "Huh? Whaddya mean by that?" Maki questioned before a ginormous pelican landed in front of the 5 of you.

"Well wouldn't you know it, they're right." Maki grunted.

"That's one big bird..."

"That's an intruder, right?"

"Salted fish roe."

A man in a dress showed up in front of the giant pelican.

"Tch, who is this punk?" You questioned as Ryo made a sword in your hand. "Get outta here! Mr. Yuta and Ms. Y/n don't like visitors!"

"Get outta here before Mr. Yuta and Ms. Y/n beat your ass!" Maki yelled after Panda. You and Yuta looked at her with a mortified expression. "Huh?!"

"Hello, Okkotsu Yuta and L/n Y/n. I'm Suguru Geto." The man in the dress said as he floated up to you and Yuta, grabbing yours and his hand. You widened your eyes at his speed.

So fast!

"What the hell do you want from us?" You grumbled as you frowned, a heat spreading across your cheeks at his hand touching yours. "Me?"

"Yes, you." You said in a serious tone. He perked up his eyebrows and smiled at you. "I just need the two of you to come with me, that's all-"

"Like hell we'll join someone who just walks in on our campus!-" Geto rolled his eyes before taking his hand and gutting you with his palm, sending you flying at least 10 yards back.

"Huh? Y/n-chan!" Yuta screeched as Geto wrapped his arm around him.

Geto continued his conversation with Yuta before Gojo finally showed up. A man with short blond hair and glasses showed up too, kneeling in front of you.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he helped you up. You nodded and looked at the crowd in front of you. Gojo and Geto were talking about something but you couldn't quite hear it from where you were standing.

You ignored what the blond man was saying and walked over just in time to hear Geto talking trash about everybody.

"Ahh. I've heard of these first years. So they're under your care?" Geto asked, looking back at the other 3.

"A cursed human,"

"An abrupt mutation corpse,"

"A cursed speech user descendant,"

"Another cursed human,"

He took a pause before turning to Maki with a mocking grin on his face.

" The Zen'in family failure. "

An irk appeared on your face as you frowned.

"Oh shit."

"The WHAT?!" You yelled as you started for Geto and dragged your sword behind you. He turned around just in time for you to reach him and swing for him. He watched with a surprised face as he semi-effortlessly dodged your attack; you only missing his face by about 3 inches.

"Sorry, I'm not sure yet what you're talking about. But I'm not gonna side with someone who talks down on my friends!" Yuta shouted as he pushed Geto's arm off of him just before you ran for him once again, only for Geto to be picked up and lifted away by a giant curse.

You turned to the flying curse with a furious look in your eye. Yuta looked at you before tugging your arm. "C'mon, Y/n. It's nothing to worry about right now." He said gently. You turned to him quickly and with the same look in your eye. His eyebrows raised as he got a good look at your expression; it wasn't one he was used to, he wasn't used to seeing you look so...angry.

Your face was blown with fury, and your forehead creased even more by the second as you turned back up to the sky.

"Seriously, Y/n-chan. He's gone now, no need to still be pissed off about it." Panda called for you. You huffed before turning back to face the others and walked past them.

-

-

-

-

-

If he ever talks about Maki again.

Thwop. Thwop. Thwop. You kept swinging your katana in the air as quickly as your muscles would let you. You decided that your speed limit wasn't good enough before you attempted to go faster.

I'll make his death a living hell.

"Y/n, slow down. You're pushing it." Ryo commented as you kept on swinging. You envisioned him getting worried about you, but decided that a special grade curse being worried about you was the least of your concern right now.

"No. I need to get stronger, Ryo. I can't just let myself get blown away by some random hippie and then let him think he can talk shit about Maki and just get away with it." You grumbled before striking your blade against the grass so hard, you swore you smelt smoke after that.

You took a few moments to catch your breath, and started swinging again.

Maki and Panda watched you from a distance.

"Do you think it's good for her to keep training like she is now? It's gonna take a lot more than sword fighting if she wants to defeat an opponent like Geto." Panda commented, his eyes following your every move. Maki grunted. "No, it really isn't. I wish she would stop already, it's weird to see her get so worked up over words." She mumbled in response. Panda nodded in agreement.

Gojo walked over to you and stopped you mid swing by grabbing onto your shoulder.

"Hey, kiddo. Think it's time you need to take a chill pill." He said rather seriously. You pushed his hand off before trying to go back to swinging. Ryo volunteered to help Gojo out by making the katana melt out of your hand. You frowned before mumbling a string of curses.

"I think it's strange how words coming from a man like Geto can make a usually cool and collected person go stir crazy." Gojo commented while looking down at you. "Is it because of what he said about Maki?"

"And if it is?"

"Then a few swings with a sword won't do the trick. You gotta also have a cursed technique, and luckily you have the perfect sensei to teach you that!" Gojo said, transitioning his tone from a serious one to a happy one. You lifted a brow and deadpanned your expression. "Seriously?"

"Yep! Meet me tomorrow in the training room at noon. And don't worry about your precious classes and your precious grades, I'm excusing you from my own class."

You rolled your eyes before walking off and grabbing your towel from the bleachers.