Peyote

"Oi! You two, focus! Or else you're never gonna get good with a sword."

Maki snapped her fingers in both yours and Yuta's faces, sending you both back to reality.

"Man, were you guys really that tired? You should try getting more sleep, you could really benefit from it." Maki continued before tilting Yuta's chin up with her polearm to keep him from nodding off to sleep. You chuckled before taking your hand and slapping him on the back, making him jolt up.

"Actually, y'know what? Yuta! Get your ass up, I'm tired of seeing you almost fall asleep when I'm trying to teach you how to use a katana!" She demanded in which Yuta slowly got up and slugged his way over to Maki.

"You'd think that special grade sorcerers would be wide awake by now." You heard Maki mumble under her breath. You chuckled again, getting up and forcing Ryo to make you a katana.

" Should there come a time where we part, I'm not leaving you anything behind. " He grumbled as you strolled over next to Maki. "I couldn't care less if you left behind a bunch of cow shit." You replied to him, earning stares from Maki and Yuta.

"Huh?" Maki questioned before momentarily interlocking her pinky finger with yours. "Just talkin' to Ryo." You replied with a smile, turning to her.

"I noticed that your mood's changed, Y/n-chan. What happened?" Yuta blurt out in the middle of you and Maki's eye contact. Shifting your gaze over to him, you beamed at him. "It's a bit of a hot mess right now."

You weren't lying when you said that. It really was a hot mess, when Ryo asked Maki if she wanted to start dating you, she took forever to respond just to come up with 'I've never dated before..so I don't know.' What do you mean you don't know?!

".....Oh." Yuta said without you even having to explain the whole situation. "Give me time, damn it! This is the first time I'm feeling this way about somebody, and I'm not used to it! Let alone another girl!"

"And I'm being patient with you. If I wasn't, I would've flat out asked you out myself without the help of a special grade curse." You responded with a grin. She frowned at your shining smile before blushing and turning to Yuta. "It's absolutely ridiculous how polite she can be! Why the hell dontcha ever have any good comebacks?! Why do you gotta be so nice all the time?!" You heard Maki gripe, along with a string of curses while she was training with Yuta.

You thought it was funny, how Maki would always complain about either how nice you are or how smart you are. You proposed the theory that she's one of those hard headed people who expect everybody else to be tough just because she is, and it earned you a flustered Maki along with a few slaps to your arm that you were sure left handprints on, but you didn't dare to check.

You looked over to the side with your now sheathed katana in your hand and saw Maki doing a flip in the air, leaving Yuta looking flabbergasted as she landed on the ground and did a split before lifting her leg and bringing him down before bonking him in the head with her polearm.

"Aaaaand you're dead." She said before getting up. Yuta held his forehead with an embarrassed look on his face. "What was that forrrrr?!" He whined as he got up with her.

"I'm a curse, idiot. I'm not gonna just get you down and not do anything after that. Gotta make sure your opponent is dead or done for before you walk off victoriously," Maki answered, shooting a knowing look at you while you just grinned at her.

"ENOUGH WITH THE SMILING! IT'S WEIRD!"

"WHATTTTT?! WASN'T Y/N ALWAYS LIKE THIS ASIDE FROM THAT EMO STAGE?!"

"YOU HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT EMO, MR. I-HAVE-EVERY-SONG-FROM-LINKIN-PARK-IN-MY-PLAYLIST!"

Yuta stared at Maki with a shocked face while you just chuckled. "Anyways, Y/n! You're up! Come let me beat your ass!"