Persuasion

"Couldn't they have put in a few more vending machines?"

Nobara let out another grunt before getting up from the vending machine and walking over to Megumi. He looked at her, "They can't. There's only so many workers who can come in here." He replied before she huffed. Megumi and Nobara looked at you leaning against the wall, scrolling on your phone with a bored face. Maki and Panda sent you to go with the first years to run some errands, they sent you with them to make sure they got them done. "Then what's the point of putting them here if barely anyone comes here?" She questioned roughly before you looked up and noticed two other people standing on the opposite side of the breezeway.

A woman with a relaxed pose and a uniform like that of a dress which revealed a part of her right leg, stood next to a man who was the complete opposite of her, wearing a jacket that barely fit him with his muscles pushing through by the second.

"Hm? What're you doing here Zen'in-senpai?" Megumi questioned before Nobara turned to him. "Huh? Did you say Zen'in?"

"Yes, they're twins. That one right there goes to Kyoto." You answered, pointing over to the woman. "They do seem similar, I guess." Nobara mumbled before the woman simply chuckled.

"Don't call me that, Fushiguro-kun. You make me sound the same as Maki." She said. You kept staring with the same expression from earlier. "What're you doing here? If you're only here to pester us, then get lost. Go back to Kyoto, Mai." You called from your spot. She lifted her brows momentarily before looking in the direction of your voice. She chuckled once more.

"Oh, Y/n. I didn't even notice you."

"Wasn't trying to get noticed."

"So these are the pinch hitters for Okkotsu and the third years?" The beefy man changed the subject, looking between Megumi and Nobara. You and the first years nodded your head before Mai spoke up.

"We came here with the principal because we were worried about you. Your classmate died, right? How was it? Was it rough, or did you think nothing of it?" Mai asked. You let out a long huff before stepping out of the small shadow. "Why does it matter to you, Mai? A first year student dying isn't worth coming all the way from Kyoto just because you were 'worried.' What do you guys want?" You questioned sternly.

"L/n-senpai's right. But what are you trying to say?" Megumi asked after you. Mai shrugged. "It's ok, some things are hard to say aloud. So, I'll say it for you." Mai started. You rolled your eyes and put your phone in your back pocket.

" 'Vessel' makes it seem nice, but it just means he was a half-cursed monster. Having such a tainted inhuman being inside you, brazenly calling himself a Jujutsu sorcerer must've been revolting, right?"

"Just because he was a vessel doesn't necessarily make him turn to shit." You took another step. Mai looked at you. "And not everybody had a second chance like you did, Y/n."

You frowned and clenched your fists. "Honestly, you should feel better now that he's dead." She continued before your frown turned into a scowl.

"Don't bring up such pointless topics now, Mai." Todo started, taking off his jacket to reveal a purple shirt that looked twice as thin. You all looked at him. "I'm just here to see if these guys are fit to take Okkotsu's place."

"Having first years to take Okkotsu's place seems asinine when there's already another special grade." Mai commented with a scoff. You huffed and rolled your eyes after that.

Here we go.

"Oh, jeez."

"Fushiguro, was it?" Todo asked.