Admission

You groggily trudged your way to the training room after just now waking up. Your eyes struggled to stay open and your head felt like it was about to explode at any given second, and you weren't sure if you were ready for Gojo's nonsense.

"Ah! You're here- you look like you haven't slept in dayssss. " Gojo dragged out the 's' after you slid open the training door. You looked at him through hooded eyelids. "Man! You need a monster!"

"Shut up. I literally just woke up." You grumbled before near tumbling down on the ground and sat criss cross. He looked at you with a blank face, even though his eyes were covered by sunglasses. "Are you always like this when you wake up?"

"No. I'm usually as cheery as I normally am." You replied before almost nodding off to sleep.

"Oi oi! Wake your ass up! Do I need to get Maki to wake you up?!" Gojo exclaimed, tilting your chin up with his foot. You looked down at it before groaning and slapping it away, earning a chuckle from him.

You shook your head as you continued to blink the sleep out of your eyes.

"Man, were you really that mad yesterday that it knocked you out?" He questioned. You looked at him with a raised brow. "Mad?"

"Damn! That's how I know you were pissed off. When Geto called Maki 'the Zen'in Family Failure,' you lost it."

"Geto...? Who's Geto..." You trailed off, trying to remember the events from yesterday. In a way, Gojo was right. You got so mad when Geto insulted Maki that you couldn't even remember it and it made you fall right asleep as soon as you hit your bed.

Oh wait, now you remember.

"Ohhh... Geto... now I remember! That piece of shit! He thinks he can get away with insulting Maki like that?! He even thinks of saying that shit again, I'll rip em to pieces!"

Gojo just watched as you took your fist and began punching the living hell out of the punching bag in front of you. A smirk formed upon his lips.

"Ahh. So you've found something you hate?" He asked, you still punching before you turned around and looked at him. "Something I hate? " You repeated. He nodded his head. "Yup! Something you hate! It channels your cursed energy into whatever you're doing, and it forms your cursed technique!" He explained brightly. You just looked at him with a tired expression.

"...Wait, you do hate him, right?"

"I don't really know..."

"I think you do, since you got so mad at him yesterday for talkin' shit about Maki."

There it is again. That same feeling you got yesterday when you heard him insult Maki. An irk appeared on your face as you began to frown.

"Ah, ah, ah! Don't get too angry just yet!" He warned, waving his hands in the air. At that random moment, you wondered if Ryo was awake.

"Yes, I'm awake." He answered, earning a chuckle from you.

"...Anyway, so it seems like mentioning... that.. gets you worked up?" He asked. You shrugged in response. He sighed, "From what I saw, seeing a loved one get insulted for something they couldn't control angers you?"

You frowned a bit. He sighed, "Ok, think of it this way: You get assigned a mission, and while you're on that mission, Maki gets taken away. You eventually find Maki hanging in some warehouse, hanging onto life by a thread and sheer hope, what do you do?"

"I run up and kill whatever bastard has the mind to take her away from me."

"Ah! I see, so Maki's your weakness."

"What."

"Your weakness! Typically when someone goes into battle, they start off strong and untouched. In the middle of it, however, they get injured, making them weak. And then they see something that sets them off, and makes them lose it, that's their weakness."

You frowned even more before resting your expression, "I guess you could say that." You said while tapping your chin with your finger. "But now that we know she's my weakness, what happens then?"

"Nothing!" He grinned. At that random moment, you didn't even realize the two of you were sitting down in front of each other, criss cross. "...And what does this have to do with my cursed technique?"

"You don't have one! But, as long as you have that Ryo with you, you can make one!" He said with jazz hands. You looked at him with a deadpanned expression. "Make one?"

"Yeah! Every cursed technique used today had to start somewhere, so who knows? Maybe you'll create a very strong cursed technique that's very rare one day?" He grinned. You just blinked.

"Man, you're out of it! Where's your brain at? Go read a book or some shit!" He exclaimed. You rolled your eyes and flipped him off before getting up and walking out of the training room.

-

-

-

-

-

Of course, it's only natural for me to lose my cool in an untimely manner. I'm cursed, what more should someone expect?

You thought to yourself as you slugged your way around the corridor with a frown on your face. You figured that if you didn't have a cursed technique, then how were you going to be able to protect Maki, should something happen to her? Foolish, you feel, to think that Maki, a strong, incredibly talented woman would be put in a situation where she would need somebody else to protect her. In the end, she wouldn't mind that somebody else to be you, right?

"Oi, why're you looking so glum? What happened?" You heard a voice penetrate your thinking, lifting your head up and seeing Maki standing before you with crossed arms as if she'd been waiting for you (she certainly hadn't been.)

"...No reason. Why?" You lied, and she frowned as you knew she'd see through your excuse of a lie right away.

"You can't lie to me, Y/n." She mumbled grumpily as she began walking towards you. Her voice and expression contradict what she does next, placing a warm hand against your cheek as she looks you in your eyes with a blush.

"What's wrong?" She asks roughly, a small smile begins to creep upon your lips while you try your best to hold it in. "Now I definitely can't lie to you." You quietly comment before reaching your hand up to her own, soft.

"I..I'm sorry I lost my cool yesterday, when Geto insulted you." You started with the melancholy more than present in your voice, differing from your previous action. "It was wildly unprofessional of me," You pause when you look up and find her staring into your sorrowful eyes with a frown, but a look of worry and concern sitting behind her sharp eyes.

"Y/n, you're not a robot. Nor are you expected to be perfect," She starts rather softly, yet with still the same tone as earlier. "And you don't have to be sorry for getting pissed off at Geto for what he said." She continued. "You're only human, Y/n." Your body begins to shake slightly as you feel your eyes begin to heat up, and water is beginning to trickle out of them.

Why am I crying?

Is it because she accepts me as a human, and not some know-it-all everyone would make me out to be?

"Thank you," You manage to whisper before beginning to choke on the lump in your throat. A pair of arms wrap around you as your body is met with another, a familiar one. She hugged you. Something that nobody would expect from Maki if you knew her well. Now you felt bad for prompting her to doing something that must make her uncomfortable. (she wasn't against the affection, as she knew you needed it.)

Why do I feel like a burden all of a sudden?

And nothing else was said between you two for the rest of the day.

---

We just pretend thats how cursed techniques work😍